Vista Print-small magnets

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by thomps6, Jun 25, 2008.

1. thomps6

thomps6 Companion

Jun 25, 2008

Hi! I know there are a million creative people on this site. What will you put on the small magnet? We only have five days to place the orders. Anyone care to share? I thought of making a small school business/type magnet the parents can put on their refrigerators. Maybe another one that can be used as a reward? Something to put on the magnetic/white board? Thanks for everyone for sharing!

3. buck8teacher

buck8teacher Devotee

Jun 25, 2008

I always give out business card magnets at open house and that is what I put on my little magnets. I also made ones for the families I tutor, so they would have my contact information as well. My business card magnets are always a big hit with parents, so I was excited to see them pop up on Vistaprint! My printer can be such a pain!

4. goopp

goopp Devotee

Jun 25, 2008

I've made 2 sets of blank ones (except for a picture - one of a stack of books, one of a star). I will write the students names on them. I plan to use them for my lunch count and for my wall of honor (when they pass a timed test with 90% or better).

I've also made homework passes with the magets in the pass. They can keep them on the refrigerator at home and they don't get lost.

I'm thinking of making "Look what I did" magnets for students to hang up work with.

5. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

Jun 25, 2008

At last some answers! I was wondering about the business magnets too. I won't be able to do one with my contact info since I don't have it yet. The "Look what I did" sounds like a great idea.

Where would you put the ones for the lunch count? I'm wondering if I can use them for the helper board. It's hard to figure out since I'm not sure how much room I am going to have to post things.

6. Ems

Ems Rookie

7. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Jun 25, 2008

I made one that says "Look what I learned in kindergarten today!" with the stack of books on it. I also put the school name and 2008-2009 at the bottom. I also made some business card style magnets for contact information.

8. thomps6

thomps6 Companion

Jun 25, 2008

I love those ideas! On the blank magnets with just a little picture, will you use a Sharpie permanent marker on them? Will the ink rub off? I love the idea of the "Look what I did!" Does anyone know if you can make multiple orders of the magnets using the same offer and get each set of 25 free or do they keep track that you already got 25 free? Let's keep the ideas coming! Anyone want to share other Vista Print ideas?? Thanks a bunch!

9. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

Jun 25, 2008

Thomps, maybe you can have a family member create another account so that you can do two orders at the same time using the same offer. I may do this since.

10. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jun 25, 2008

They don't keep track of orders.... I have placed 4-5 under a previous offer.

11. thomps6

thomps6 Companion

Jun 25, 2008

Thanks...loves2teach...so cool they don't keep track of orders. I do wonder how they make money, though. I made my first order last week and have been busy compiling new ideas. Thank you to everyone who so willingly shared your ideas!! Maybe we should ask for a Vista Print forum for all of these ideas to be categorized??? :)

12. goopp

goopp Devotee

Jun 25, 2008

Two of the walls in my room are metal, so I have lots of space to use the magnets.

I plan to write on them with a Sharpie. I think that the names will stay on that way.

13. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jun 25, 2008

I use them for business card info so they have it for their fridge at home. I like the "look what I did today" idea, but i know that the magnets don't seem really thick. Has anyone tried using them yet to hold things up?

14. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jun 25, 2008

Ems,
    Do you have a readable copy of your prove it flyer?

15. 5thgraderocks

5thgraderocks Companion

Jun 25, 2008

First Vista Order is Disappointing

I just opened my first order from VISTA. I could cry! The small font is illegible (looks like ink blob) on my cards and note cards. I ordered custom self inking stamps. The letters run together so stamps are not usable either. I will call tomorrow. The ad says "satisfaction guaranteed" or money refunded ... LESS shipping and processing charge. This sounds scary! Is this a reputable company???

16. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Jun 25, 2008

I have bought them in previous years and yes, they will hold up a sheet of paper quite well.

17. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jun 25, 2008

I'm so sorry that your order did not turn out as you had hoped. Honestly, the only thing I have been disappointed about was the size of the window clings, which were about 1/2 the size I thought they would be. I have not ordered anything that was not free, and everything I have ordered has turned out nicely. I have used a font as small as 7 on business cards, and they are always readable (when I use my bifocals, lol), and my stamps are fine - you do have to be careful not to put too much on the stamps or they will run together. Were the stamps you ordered the ones that were free? I don't know about any others, sorry! I hope that they can rectify the problem with your order!♦

18. Ems

Ems Rookie

Jun 26, 2008

Oh Emma, I am sorry to hear that! I have been please with all my orders.

:) Ems

19. Ems

Ems Rookie

Jun 26, 2008

20. princessa48

princessa48 Companion

Jun 26, 2008

Where on earth are you guys seeing the free magnets? I've thought I've looked the website over in and out! I've got my free business cards, pen, stamper, but I haven't seen the free magnets. Can somebody post the link? I'm so confuse :0

21. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

Jun 26, 2008

Ems, looks a great stuff! I'm curious as to how you would use your danger fun Friday card as well as the card for reading recommendations. Great job!

22. goopp

goopp Devotee

Jun 26, 2008

Here is the link for the ad with the magnets. You may have to cut and paste...

http://ebm.e.vistaprint.com/c/tag/hBIYinjAZdBOAB7RrNe$AjZgETm/doc.html

23. princessa48

princessa48 Companion

Jun 26, 2008

Thanks so much goopp! I guess I should have signed up for the emails from vista. Thankfully I didn't check out yet :)

24. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jun 26, 2008

EMS - I love your stuff! If I knew that I was going to teach older kids, I would steal your Danger Friday postcard! Sadly (I'm old), I can't read the pamphlet/flyer. It sucks, too, because it looked so interesting!

25. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jun 26, 2008

Okay, I got home today, and by my door, I found a box from, you guessed it, VISTAPRINT! Today, I received :
    • a second box of 250 plain blue bus. cards with my "teacher" graphic on it - I'm using them for labels
    • a set of 50 oversided postcards for my "Math Whiz" award
    • a 2nd set of 10 "large" magnets (actually about 4X4) that I will use for time lessons
    • a set of 100 postcards with an unhappy baby's face on it and "Oops, Someone had a problem today!" that I will report missing work on the back
    • a set of 10 Kitty Cat thank you cards
    • a 2nd set of 10 Invitations (for my grandson's b-day in January!)
    • a self-inking stamp with RECEIVED: and a line for a date

All of these (except the birthday invitations) items are on my blog: http://pwhatley.wordpress.com/
    All constructive criticism is welcome!

I just uploaded all of my new stuff to my blog, so enjoy!

26. MS Candy

MS Candy Comrade

Jun 26, 2008

Oh PW, I have to "borrow" some of these great ideas!;)

27. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

Jun 26, 2008

I've procrastinating on mine which is a good thing. However, I plan on ordering some more. I just got too mcuh stuff going on but I'm loving the ideas.

28. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jun 26, 2008

ROFL Teachling! I had to roll change & make a deposit to pay for the shipping on today's order. My hubby was out of town & we have separate accounts! I'm plannign on slowing down a LOT on my orders. I need some postcards to cover poor conduct notes to parents, a few more birthday party invitations for my grandson, and the class rules magnets. I may change my VIP Club business card to white, so the writing will be easier to see. I have thought of taking the oversized postcard and making a book report form. What do y'all think?

29. JavaChic

JavaChic Rookie

Jun 26, 2008

PW... great ideas! Which one is your "math whiz" award? I couldn't tell from the pics.

30. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jun 26, 2008

Thanks, JavaChic! Thanks for tellling me that! I thought I had posted it, but I didn't. It's up there now. Technically, it is an oversized postcard (they come in sets of 50), but I think it's great for something like this.

31. vannapk

vannapk Groupie

Jun 27, 2008

Here is a link to some more Vista Print creations by a Kindergarten teacher. I've tagged all these ideas in my del.icio.us account so I will have them every year!

32. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jun 27, 2008

I finally got my first order today! It took forever!
    I "think" I have gotten everything I have made so far.

Trying to decide what to get next. Anyone have any ideas???