Vista Print Caution

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by Amanda, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

Jul 8, 2006

Mommaruthie posted a "buyer beware" on vistaprint recently, but in case anyone missed it, I also wanted to post this email that I received from a site visitor:
    Please be sure to do your own research before signing up for things - Links posted here aren't reviewed by A to Z Teacher Stuff. I encourage everyone to approach offers with caution, and be sure to do your own research and read all of the fine print before making decisions. :) I can't verify if vistaprint is or is not a scam, so just be aware that others have had issues with them.

I would suggest if you do have a problem with a company, contact them first to see if they will offer you a resolution. If they refuse to give you a refund or resolve the problem to your satisfaction, you can contact your credit card company and request a chargeback.

3. yclark

yclark Comrade

Jul 8, 2006

I used VistaPrint for the first time last week and was offered a $10 gift/credit for trying the Rewards thing. (I don't remember details, what it was called or anything.) I passed it up because in reading the fine print, the $10 gift came with a trial membership, then something like $14.95/month membership charge on your credit card. Is that what this is? Since I didn't take the offer, I am assuming I'm safe from unwanted charges. Did anyone get hit with charges who didn't take the $10 credit/gift?

4. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Jul 8, 2006

I did not request the gift certificate and I haven't received any unwanted charges - yet.

5. hernandoreading

hernandoreading Comrade

Jul 8, 2006

I have used Vistaprint many times, always turn down any "extras" and have never had any additional charges.

6. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2006

Maybe it's all in the fine print then...

7. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 9, 2006

Same here.

8. mrsnoble116

mrsnoble116 Companion

Jul 12, 2006

I'm aware of what you wrote about. They add some things to the end of your purchasing, but when you read the things you click YES to, it does state that you will be charged. You need to call a number to cancel it.

I'm not trying to be rude, but you must not have read everything once you clicked on it. You have to do that on the internet now.

9. paperheart

paperheart Groupie

Jul 14, 2006

It is in the fine print, but don''t feel bad--you're not alone. I once signed up for a trial of dog treats. I knew I had to send an email to cancel or else I would be charged a recurring fee but I didn't read that I had to send the email to a very specific email address not the more obvious one. Needless to say I paid $75 for 3 $4 packages of organic dog jerky before I realized what was going on. :::Sigh:::...maybe you can write it off as a teacher-related expense???

10. Starivy

Starivy Companion

Jul 14, 2006

There are so many people who have had this happen to them, including me. If you search under PASSPORTTOFUN, you will see all sorts of complaints. You can call and cancel if you see the charges on your account. It's an automated system and you have to enter your phone number.