Virtual schooling

Discussion in 'General Education' started by teach12, Jun 19, 2011.

1. teach12

teach12 Companion

Jun 19, 2011

Has anyone taught for, or known anyone to teach for, a virtual school?

3. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jun 19, 2011

I'm finishing my third year at one wrote about some of the basics in this thread. I love what I do and am happy to answer any questions on the subject. I'll definitely be at my desk in the morning since summer school starts and I have a live online session with my students at 11am.

4. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Jun 19, 2011

I'm interested in this also. I'm doing a 12 credit eLearning certificate addon to my masters this summer.

5. teach12

teach12 Companion

Jun 20, 2011

I read your other posts...lot of good information! I have been offered a job with k12 and am debating leaving my traditional school job teaching first grade to do this. Such a tough decision and I only have a few more days to decide!

6. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jun 20, 2011

K12 is terrific and seems to have a lot of happy teachers in Ohio's branch (my school is not affiliated with any national organization).

It is a major leap of faith, isn't it? Today, I feel like I'm herding cats because I'm starting summer school with a bunch of new students and a brand new platform for running live sessions. Next week, I'll be in my regular stride teaching Canterbury Tales via my webcam. The trick is to relax and just go with the flow while asking a lot of questions from the veteran teachers.

Good luck with your decision! Keep me and the forum in the loop either way.