Victoria Secret Bras

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Bella2010, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Bella2010

Bella2010 Habitué

Jul 25, 2012

Anyone tried them? Thoughts? Since I had my son the girls have headed a little ways south. I got some bras at Kohls during Spring Break, and needless to say they're in need of replacement. My sister swears by them. Of course I always remind her she has engineered boobies so doesn't really need a lot of help to make them look good. :p

3. WaterfallLady

WaterfallLady Enthusiast

Jul 25, 2012

Most awful bras I've ever tried. They dig into me and make me itchy.

4. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Jul 25, 2012

I don't like them because I find them uncomfortable. I also think they vanity size. I'm about two cup sizes bigger there than anywhere else.

5. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Jul 25, 2012

I'm wearing one right now:D. I love them and find that they do last forever. I don't worry about size when I try on bras...just as long as they make me look bigger and aren't heavily padded, :lol:.

6. a2z

a2z Maven

Jul 25, 2012

I have 2 different styles. Hate both. Tried them once before, hated them then.

Not worth the money.

7. knitter63

knitter63 Groupie

Jul 25, 2012

I know Victoria's secret.....
    they are not designed for big bosomed ladies like me!!!

8. orangetea

orangetea Connoisseur

Jul 25, 2012

I don't like them. They're uncomfortable and cost a bit too much.

9. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Jul 25, 2012

I guess that's one big difference between us;)

10. Mrs. Q

Mrs. Q Cohort

Jul 25, 2012

They're all that I wear - and I'm a 38D. I tried switching to cheaper ones after I had my son, but just couldn't find any that supported me well enough. I finally sucked it up about a year ago and went and had a fitting done at a local VS. I tried on EVERY bra they had in my size and ended up getting the Body by Victoria Full Coverage bra. They're super comfy but still cute and hold me up well. They're pricy - $42 normally - but you can get them on sale for as little as $20 and they last a while if you wash them properly.

11. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 25, 2012

I haven't had a VS bra in years. I've stuck with wireless bras for the last decade or so, but haven't checked out the few wireless ones they have. I've been liking Warner's brand for a long time now & most currently, Barely There. I'm a D cup.

12. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Jul 25, 2012

Try JC Penny's Ambrielle line. Way better than VS and cheaper too!

13. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Jul 25, 2012

I haven't tried them in years.
    My mom wears them. She is bustier than I.
    I like Warner and Vanity Fair.

14. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Jul 25, 2012

My bras are all from VS. only one or two styles work for me, but those two are great. I haven't bought a new bra in over 4 years. I stick them in a lingerie bag and wash them on the gentle/hand wash cycle, or just hand wash them with a little soap in the shower (usually). They all look and feel like new.

15. geoteacher

geoteacher Habitué

Jul 25, 2012

Try Wacoal or some of the more expensive lines. They generally seem to fit better!

16. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jul 25, 2012

When I was much smaller (34DD) I loved Body by VS. But now I only wear Lane Bryant's line. Best ever.

17. Sarge

Sarge Enthusiast

Jul 25, 2012

What does your kids moving further away have to do with your choice of undergarments?

18. AZMrs.S

AZMrs.S Cohort

Jul 25, 2012

I love my VS bras. They are the only ones I've found that support me well enough, but are still cute. I think I wear the body style. I went in and the did a fitting and had me try on every bra they have. That was really helpful because I could find a style that fit the best.

19. DaleJr88AmpFan

DaleJr88AmpFan Cohort

Jul 25, 2012

That's what I am wearing now. I am a 38D also and found that they support me very well. I wear the "plain ones" as I don't care for the lace and I hate spending money on myself. I get the COTTON LINGERIE that run 2/$49.50. They fit well, are lightly padded to prevent "over perkiness" when cold :lol:, offer excellent support, and last for a very long time! :)

20. myangel52

myangel52 Comrade

Jul 25, 2012

I have 3 of them, and love them. I am a 36C (I would say a "normal size"), and I have the Body by Victory full coverage style. They are great! I don't think I am ever going back to buying them elsewhere.

21. lucybelle

lucybelle Connoisseur

Jul 25, 2012

They're the only bras I own. I was in fact surprised to see so many people on here say they were uncomfortable! Before VS bras, I just didn't wear them (I'm just a B so can get away with it). I tried on the Demi bra and have never turned back. They seem real thick and stiff at first, but throw them in the wash once and they are seriously the most comfortable, soft thing in the world.:)

22. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Jul 25, 2012

:lol::lol::lol:

23. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jul 25, 2012

I used to wear them. I like a bra with a firm, molded cup, stretch straps, and an underwire. I wore a 36DD for years, and I always bought their bras because they offered good lift. (I "blossomed" early, so mine have had a lot of years fighting gravity.)

When I gained weight, I started wearing Cacique bras because I moved up to a size 42DD, which they didn't carry at Victoria's Secret.

I'm now down to a size 40DD, which they DO carry. When I went bra shopping last time I went back to VS. I ended up not buying from them and going back to Cacique. I liked theirs better.

24. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 25, 2012

Yep! Word for word!

25. knitter63

knitter63 Groupie

Jul 26, 2012

Just bought 4 new ones at their semi annual sale! Yippee!!

26. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Jul 26, 2012

27. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 26, 2012

28. jen12

jen12 Devotee

Jul 26, 2012

Their sizing is funky, and I've found that their salespeople are focused on what they're supposed to be selling rather than working with the customer on what she needs. Someone told me that the best thing you can do for yourself is go to Nordstrom and let them fit you. I haven't done it yet, but it's on my list whenever I have money again...

29. Learner4Life

Learner4Life Cohort

Jul 26, 2012

They might have good bras but I could never get passed their TERRIBLE customer service!!!!! The first time I tried them, they measured me as a 44EEE (I'm a 38DD) and then looked at me and said very snotty-like "we don't have your size here, try the Bon" So I did, and I loved them!
    I tried once more and wound up buying a bra that broke after a couple of days of wearing it. The girls, again, were VERY snotty and almost wouldn't return the item! I had to take a giftcard which I gave to my mom. She ordered a bunch of underwear and loved them but I just can't go back!

30. jen12

jen12 Devotee

Jul 26, 2012

That's what I mean. They don't listen. I went in after having done weight-training for several months. I tried to tell them that I thought my band size was the same as my previous VS bra but I needed a smaller cup size. They measured me and told me just the opposite, handed me several bras in their recommended size and when I tried them on, the band was WAY too tight. I walked out of the dressing room to show them, and the girl said, "that looks uncomfortable." DUH! I sent her out for one in the size I thought I was, she brought it back and it was fine.

I think their sizing is off because it's set up for the pushup bras. If you're just looking for support without all the extra padding the numbers come out differently. You're really better off going in and taking whatever size you think you need and adjusting from there. They're really not very trained in how to deal with customers who have a clue. They want the teenagers.

31. bison

bison Habitué

Jul 26, 2012

I'm a smaller lady and I'm not a fan. I only go there if they're having sales and I just want something cute that doesn't necessarily need to last. Their sizing is off compared to most other brands, quality isn't great for the price, etc. Since most women wear the wrong bra size, I'd go to a department store to get a fitting. VS only carries a few sizes and their employees don't know much about fitting. I get most of my bras from stores like Loehmann's (discounted designer) or at designer outlet stores, like Calvin Klein. Actually, almost all of my bras are Calvin Klein. They make my favorite ones. :)

32. teach4all

teach4all New Member

Jul 27, 2012

I love victoria's secret bras! They last forever. Go to the store and have one of the girls measure you and they will help you find your kind of "piccker-upper"! I recommend them.

33. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Jul 27, 2012

I agree that they last forever. All of my bras are from VS. There sizing is very consistent-I can go in and grab any bra in the same size, and it will fit like a glove. I have had issues with their measuring, however. They always measure me a cup size (or 2!) smaller, and when I try that size on, I'm spilling out!

34. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Jul 27, 2012

I haven't read the thread so pardon me if I repeat anyone.

I hated underwire bras until I gave in and went to VS. I had always avoided the store because everything seems overpriced (much of it is) and I HATE their marketing. Anyway, I needed a strapless bra for a bridesmaid dress, and all they had strapless at the time was underwire. It was so comfy! Then I started trying on other underwires of theirs and (excuse the pun) I am completely hooked. I never buy my bras anywhere else. I only use coupons (never pay full price) or wait for the sales. If you hand wash them and lay them flat to dry, these things will last a long time. Keep in mind that you probably want the Angels or Body lines to start with, and PINK is made for the willowy bodies of highschool and college girls. This line never fits me because it runs smaller.

35. Bella2010

Bella2010 Habitué

Jul 27, 2012

Thanks for the thoughts, ladies! I just ordered three bras. I bought the full coverage, with one being a push up t-shirt bra. I measured myself according to the instructions on their homepage because I wasn't driving two hours back to the City to a store. I've been to that he!! hole three times this summer - I'm not going back for a while!!! I got all three for $120, I thought that was pretty good if they last as long as they're supposed to.

Thanks again!

Beth