Vetrans...Need a little help.

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by brejohnson88, Jul 15, 2010.

1. brejohnson88

brejohnson88 Comrade

Jul 15, 2010

I went this week and signed my contract for a teaching contract for a pre-k classroom. When I went in the P said that we will probably get funded by the state this year (Im teaching in IL, the state is in large debt). With that being said she said we are looking at 35 kids between both sessions of classes. We will know for sure in a few weeks when enrollment numbers come in and with the funding. She said I will probably get into my classroom the second week in August. I feel like I should be doing things to get ready for my room even though I havnt seen it or know about the curriculum. Any suggestions? Thanks everyone :)

3. dogs&teaching

dogs&teaching Comrade

Jul 15, 2010

I would definitely ask about curriculum. It won't hurt to ask your P at all. Ask if there is a curriculum to follow or if you will need to implement your own. I would begin putting in lessons you think you will use. It is better to be somewhat prepared for the curriculum. I would also write a welcome letter. Prepare any rules or routines if they aren't any established.

4. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Jul 15, 2010

I think I would start putting together Word files of ideas for lessons, songs, activities, etc. You could research on the web and cut and paste.

5. zoey'smom

zoey'smom Cohort

Jul 15, 2010

6. vannapk

vannapk Groupie

Jul 16, 2010