Very frustrated Please Advise!!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by hopetoteach, Oct 8, 2008.

1. hopetoteach

hopetoteach Rookie

Oct 8, 2008

Hi Everyone,

I am really struggling here and need some advice. I completed my Masters and Teaching Certificate in December of 2007. I subbed most of last Spring in two districts near my home and also applied for permanent positions.

I went through a hiring process (two rounds of interviews) and ended up making it into one the district's "hiring pool." Of course with the economy and this district's budget cuts, there have not been very many openings.

But I did have an interview about two weeks ago at a school I subbed for last year (loved it) for a fifth grade position. I thought the interview went fine. The new Principal told me that they were "pretty sure" they would be adding an additional fifth grade class (due to large class sizes) and they were interviewing a few more candidates. The interview was on a Thursday and she said they would likely be able to get back to me by the next day. I have heard nothing. I have called twice to "check in" and both times I have been put through to the Principal's voicemail with no return call. Nothing in the mail either.

Don't I at least deserve a return call? Should I call the woman at the district headquarters who manages hiring as well as the "hiring pool?" She isn't exactly easy to get through to either but I can could call her and see if she has any info or "advice for me."

Gee, I have subbed a lot for this district and I am in their official pool. I even have an internal reference from one of the teachers at this school that I subbed for last year. Has anyone else experienced this?

Any advice?

3. MATgrad

MATgrad Groupie

Oct 9, 2008

I would give the Principal time. Take a deep breath and relax. Schools can take weeks to make decisions. I can not tell you the number of positions I have applied for that I have never heard anything back from.

Contact the person in the "hiring pool" and see if there are any expected vacancies. See if they can give you any district specific advice. Each district is different.

4. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Oct 10, 2008

can you email the principal?