very defiant student

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by jenn888, Mar 26, 2013.

1. jenn888

jenn888 Rookie

Mar 26, 2013

I have a student who is driving me crazy. His behavior has gotten so bad it is making others students misbehave. He gets out of his all day long. Puts his hands in others students cubbies and on their book bags, he makes noises, yells out, rocks in his chair, puts his hands in other kids faces. If a another student looks at him wrong he jumps in their face ready to fight. He has threatened to punch me and other students. His mother thinks he is an angel and does not believe me. If he gets a note home she is in my classroom the next morning telling me i am wrong and he is right. My AP is no help (she tends to favor the kids who have the worst behavior) she told him he could go to her office anytime he wanted, so when he does not get his way he wants to go and see her. Yesterday he got in a female student's face and almost punched her. I took him to the office and my P who has my back on this situation saw him b/c the AP wasn't at school, called home for someone to get him, but no one came to pick him up. When he does wrong he has a little smirk on his face. Yet he denies when he does wrong and says he didn't do whatever the infraction was. The students in my class are either afraid of him or try and follow behind him and misbehave too. I have 27 kids in my class so I am already stretched thin. There are 38 days left in school and I don't know if I will make it!!HELP!!!:confused: I have tried rewarding him in many ways but, nothing works. He just purposely disrespects and does the wrong thing. I have never had a student make me not want to come to school, but he is making me feel this way. I try and use the "if it is only bothering you, and not bothering instruction let it go" but it is hard when he acts out to get my attention and will not give up until he gets it.

This is 2nd grade BTW.

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Mar 26, 2013

Since the AP has allowed him to come to the office anytime this student wants, I would send the student to the office. If he starts to act out, I would ask him if he wants to go to see the AP. Getting him out of the classroom will protect you, the other students, and the learning environment.

4. Em_Catz

Em_Catz Devotee

Mar 26, 2013

You poor thing...what a frustrating situation :( I agree with EVERYTHING Mopar says, plus I might call CPS and let them know that you are concerned that there may be something going on at home because this child is acting out. That may be the wake up call that Mom needs.

Hopefully your students will tell their parents and they will begin to complain to.

My prayers go out to you. I know this is really hard. I feel kind of helpless here with advice because I have had a very difficult child similar and there wasn't much I could do except suffer through it and pray, and stress and overeat and vent to my coworkers and on here until the child left.

DOCUMENT EVERYTHING and keep writing this boy up on official school disciplinary forms. Keep copies and keep sending to the office. Thats what I did and after the student I had received about 12 of these forms the office had no choice but to begin suspending him.

:hugs::hugs: