VERY cool project

Discussion in 'Fifth Grade' started by CheleOh, Jul 2, 2009.

1. CheleOh

CheleOh Rookie

Jul 2, 2009

I found a PowerPoint file called "180 Days of School" created by Terra Graves on TeachersPayTeachers.com. It's free!

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/P...ol-Power-Point

I'm going to have a different student "blog" about each day, saving as we go. There is room and capabilities for putting pictures and video on each slide, so that student will get to have my camera for the day.

At the end of the day, when everyone else is reading, s/he will have that time to create their slide.

Theoretically, each student will get to create 6 slides, and then I'll make copies for the kids to take home at the end of the year.

Chele :)

3. teacher333

teacher333 Devotee

Jul 3, 2009

This is a great site that I had reg. for ages ago and had forgotten about. Thanks for bringing it up again!

4. Lynn K.

Lynn K. Habitué

Jul 4, 2009

I have my class create a blog. (Not an original idea) Each day one kid is the correspondent; it is his job to write a blog entry for the day. My kids loved reading each others' posts and commenting. And bonus for me - as the year progressed, I got to see the student's writing skills improve from time to time. Last year, I had a public blog. This year I am including it as a part of my webpage.

5. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jul 5, 2009

I really like that idea! I am going try that out this year. Thanks for sharing!

6. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jul 5, 2009

Great idea--I set up a Blog page on my class website last night. Each week, every group will be responsible for posting to the blog about things that are happening in class, in the school or in the world. I think the kids will love it!

7. ParaPacker

ParaPacker Rookie

Jul 8, 2009

Awesome! Thanks. I am always looking for ways to integrate technology and it is Perfect. Students might also be able to review a book or movies in the same fashion. Oh the possibilities!

8. katenar

katenar Cohort

Jul 24, 2009

9. 49erteacher

49erteacher Rookie

Jul 26, 2009

With Jensen's Journalists, did they write it on paper, and you entered it into the blog? I would love to do something like this, and I am trying to think of how to make it work.:dizzy:

10. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 27, 2009

Mr. Roemer in Florida always had a wonderful fifth grade weblog updated daily at http://www.pb5th.com, but he'll be in second grade next year.

I've tried these kinds of things and have fallen short.

I am thinking the same as 49erteacher- how can I do this with my fourth graders? I can show them a sample weblog and then have them update our class Edublogs weblog at least every week.

11. katenar

katenar Cohort

Jul 27, 2009

No - the kids typed it up at home. But if they couldn't do that, they were to write it on paper and bring that to school the next day so I could see they completed the assignment and then I would allow them to use the computer at school to type it up. Very seldom did I have that though....usually they typed it at home and emailed it to me.