Ugh...I'm in that post-interview limbo and the waiting around is putting me in a serious funk So I'm going through the alternative route program in my state, it's a little shaky because I'm trying to get approved through a very specific, and unknown to most, path. The state employees in charge of the ARL program aren't familiar or particularly supportive of this path. Due to the lack of support from the state office of education I held off applying for jobs until this July, when I said heck with it. School starts around mid/late August here so I figured the schools would be scrambling to fill any positions still open and with a general teacher shortage here, plus a shortage of teachers in my specialty I figured I might have a shot. I was called for an interview with school #1. The interview went well and that afternoon they called my references (all same district employees who gave me rave reviews). I was super excited. I set an thank you email to all three people who interviewed me the afternoon after my interview. Was told during the interview that they would be making a decision asap. A week went by, nothing. School starts on the 22nd of August for them. Wondering if they made a decision already or what? They told me they would contact me either way to let me know. Not so sure. This coming Monday will be two weeks since my interview. Applied for another job with school #2. Applied that morning and was contacted by the school that same day to set up an interview. Had a brief interview the next day, went well. Got the feeling I was the sole candidate. Was asked to return the following day to give a demo lesson. Busted my butt working on the demo. Did I mention I've never taught my own lesson before? I've subbed, but never taught my own class or gone through a teacher prep class. Demo lesson was good. I felt like I gave it my all and it was well received. Had a good chat with the dept head. Had some shared interests with the AP which we talked about. I think they like me. Was informed they had one other candidate to interview. Sigh. This school starts next Monday! My demo was Wednesday. It's now the Friday before school starts for them. That's right, Friday/Sat/Sun and school starts. This position has 5-6 preps. Whoever is getting the job needs to get to work already. I feel like I can't plan my weekend because I may be teaching Monday. Wish they would call already. I've been staring at my phone, willing them to call. I've prayed about it, tried to stay positive. I need a job in the worst way and would love an actual teaching position in my field. Fingers crossed.