Venting again...

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by acl1974, Aug 15, 2015.

1. acl1974

acl1974 Companion

Aug 15, 2015

I know this has been discussed so many times here, but I still don't get why so many of us don't hear back after an interview. Many schools use applitrack or similar programs. In these programs, all they have to do is check the box next to each person they interviewed and send one short thanks but no thanks email. It's not as if they even need to type in any email addresses. Those who don't use an automated system have more steps, but that's still no excuse. So annoying!!!!!! Obviously I'm beating a dead horse here. I can't change anything. I can only focus on me, but this is a major pet peeve of mine.

3. burgandy01

burgandy01 Rookie

Aug 15, 2015

Yeah...they suck!

4. lilia123

lilia123 Companion

Aug 15, 2015

I have felt your pain so many times. Just don't let it get to you and keep applying.

5. waterfall

waterfall Maven

Aug 15, 2015

I agree, but I've always said I don't want to work for that type of person anyway. Look at it as dodging a bullet!

6. bella84

bella84 Aficionado

Aug 15, 2015

Agreed, but also keep in mind that sometimes it's not the principal him/herself... In my last district, hiring decisions (both offers and rejections) could only come from HR. So, even if principal wanted to let you know, it was out of his/her hands. They might tell you that you'll hear either way because they think that HR is going to let you know, and then HR is the one who fails to follow through on that.

I got my offer from the director of human resources, who I had never met. Then, only after I had accepted over the phone and the director notified the principal, the principal contacted me to make arrangements for starting the job.

I know this isn't the case everywhere, as the offers for both my first job and my current job came directly from the principal, but it does happen in some districts. So, I wouldn't always hold it against the principal.

7. MissPapa

MissPapa Comrade

Aug 16, 2015

I also agree. There are times that I am thankful that I don't work for certain people who interviewed me. I have to say the least awkward interview was from the principal who hired me. You'll get that interview someday and be thankful :) Keep looking!