Vent

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by scienceteach82, Jan 29, 2010.

1. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Jan 29, 2010

Stupid people...as Bill Engval would say...they should have to wear a sign that says, "I'm stupid!"

a friend of mine I've known since 5th grade has been out of work on "disability" since September...bc she claims to have had a nervous breakdown. She said she is depressed...has anxiety...and is agorophobic. Yet...she will still go out to bars...get guys numbers...and drink with them. All this, and she is married...then wonders why her husband wants to divorce her. Omg!!!!!!
    They were married after only 3 months if dating...so no big shocker they barely made it a year. She posted how it's nobodys place to judge her...blah blah. Um...yeah...sorry...don't care. She had/has a great job in CA as an engineer for the govt! It makes me so angry that she claims she can't work...and is still bring paid to sit on her @ss at the bar! Ugh! Oh! And she has 3 major trips planned in the next 2 months...freakin Ireland is one of them! All on disability pay!

Oh...and my mom has skin cancer...great day.

3. chemteach55

chemteach55 Connoisseur

Jan 29, 2010

Sorry st--it takes all kinds of people to make up the world. My hubby coached softball and we found out halfway into the season that his asst coach was on disability because of a back injury!! I sent pics of him hitting batting practice to the team and his disability was reversed.

4. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Jan 29, 2010

It will eventually catch up with her. Disability is for those who legitimately can't work and support themselves. She's raping society, and shame on her.

5. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Jan 29, 2010

Sorry, but why are you going along with her? You don't have to answer but if it truly bothers you, then don't hang out with her or else that's enabling. Sorry about your mom. Is it curable?

6. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jan 29, 2010

Sometimes friendships just fade away over time. Maybe this is a sign that the friendship has run its course.

My parents married three months after they met--ages 19 & 28, and they were a few months away from their 43rd anniversary when Dad died of lung cancer.

Sorry to hear about your mom.

7. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Jan 29, 2010

?
    I'm not going anywhere with her. She lives on the other side of the country. I'm just irritated with her sympathy ploy.

Some marriages work...some don't...and this one didn't. She cheated on him many times.

Mom has basal cell carcinoma, but they have to make a large cut in her face to get it all.

8. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Jan 29, 2010

Those "old friends" sure can grow up to be some winners.

Sometimes they make that final life style decision that goes just too far to even pick up the phone when they give that "out of the blue" call or send a Christmas card. I'm done with one of my "old friends" from childhood. Too at odds with what I believe in to be amusing to keep in touch with her.

9. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Jan 29, 2010

Oh, sorry, I misread it. Forgive me! :)

10. msmullenjr

msmullenjr Devotee

Jan 29, 2010

It is extremely difficult to remain friends with someone when you know that they are behaving in ways that go against your own personal morals. Unfortunately your friend doesn't have a problem with these life choices. It may be time to let that friendship go. I had to do that when a very good friend put partying before her daughter. The final straw was when a neighbor found her 3 year old roaming on a busy street, while her mom was still asleep with a hang over. I couldn't be friends after that, I lost respect for her and it wasn't going to come back. I hear she is a better person now.

11. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Jan 29, 2010

I'm just upset...thanks for listening. It's just so hard to see someone abusing their job...when I can't even get one at wal-mart...yes, I applied...

12. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jan 30, 2010

I can see why you're upset/annoyed at your friend. She doesn't sound like she has her head on right. I don't know if I could be friends who someone like her.

13. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Jan 30, 2010

ST, I understand, I am not even getting interviews right now, and resent the actions of others about their choices in life.

14. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jan 30, 2010

I'm sorry about your mom.

It's just sickening that some people, or I should say losers, get all the lucky breaks.

15. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jan 30, 2010

I'm so sorry about your mom!!!

As to your friend... ignore her. She obviously, as my son would say, "has issues."

There's no point getting annoyed or upset about those who choose to lie and cheat and steal, which of course is what this woman is doing. It's not a lucky break, it's stealing money that doesn't belong to her. Lucky breaks are winning lottery tickets. Claiming disability when you're capable of working is stealing.

I've got to believe that karma will come back and bite her in the tush.

16. chemteach55

chemteach55 Connoisseur

Jan 30, 2010

st--my hubby gets basal cell carcinoma's on his face and head all the tije due to being out in the sun so much. They are very easy to get rid of,

17. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Jan 30, 2010

I had a basal cell removed about 8 years ago and then in the same spot (but deeper) 5 years ago. In my experience, it's very slow moving and manageable. Yes, I have an ugly scar right above my eyebrow but it's better than not being here.

18. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Jan 30, 2010

Thanks again.

Yeah, I know it's fairly easy to get rid of...she has just had so many problems with her face this past year. Cancer and an ALS scare (she still has twitching)...so the thought of her losing part of her eyebrow or eyelid just sent her over the edge. She's getting her hair done today...so hopefully that will help her feel better.

19. Special-t

Special-t Enthusiast

Jan 30, 2010

Good things happen to bad people and bad things happen to good. And, bad people don't always pay for their misdeeds - at least not to the extent that the people they hurt suffer.

I've found this out the hard way over my 48 years. It's a tough pill to swallow. I'll never understand why innocent children sometimes suffer so greatly. It often makes me doubt the fairness of the cards that are handed out.

By the way, I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I live with a facial scar. It's really difficult at times. But, because her facial injury was due to cancer (mine wasn't) her insurance might pay for reconstruction. Plastic surgeons can do amazing things.