Vent/Reason for leaving...help!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by jenn888, Feb 20, 2014.

1. jenn888

jenn888 Rookie

Feb 20, 2014

I have been at the same school for 6.5 years (I came in Jan for a teacher who moved). This is the only school I have taught at and am really becoming burned out. Students are always being moved into my room from other classes when the parent isn't pleased with the other teacher....and this happens ever year. It's just not fair for me to have 22 kids when other people on my grade level have 12 and another at 14, year after year. There are so many other things wrong with the school including lack of discipline, this post would be a book if I went on about it all the problems here. I student taught at a different school within my district and did internships at other schools as well. I know all schools aren't perfect, but I know there are better places to work at.

My question is on the transfer form you have to write your reason for leaving. I am lost on what to put. I can't put how I really feel:banghead: I would love to say I am leaving to teach at a school closer to my house, but one of my choices is to teach at a school that is further away than my school now.
    Any suggestions on how to keep it professional?

P.S. Talking to my P here about my concerns on why I want to leave won't help...nothing will change.

3. Reality Check

Reality Check Habitué

Feb 20, 2014

Simply write, "Personal." You don't have to write an essay for that question. It's used all the time in the profession. No one will challenge you for that.

;)

4. jenn888

jenn888 Rookie

Feb 20, 2014

Ok,thanks...guess I wasn't thinking of the obvious..haha:)

5. stephenpe

stephenpe Connoisseur

Feb 20, 2014

This is how excellence is rewarded in many places. Those parents need you and the Admin. is not supporting you. I hope you find a good resolution.

6. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

Feb 20, 2014

And, you don't get paid any more than anyone else for your excellence either. Drives me crazy.

Good luck to you!!!

7. Rockguykev

Rockguykev Connoisseur

Feb 21, 2014

And in most states you *can't* be paid more for your excellence. This is my big issue with guaranteed contracts. There is a perverse incentive to do poorly at your job so you have less work.

I really can't blame the admins since all they can do is try to make the other teacher's life so miserable they change or leave. I definitely can't blame the parents for wanting the best for their kids. So, I just suck it up and have my classes at max all the time.

As hard as it is to see it really is a compliment to your abilities. I hope you find the right place (either physically or mentally) to keep using those abilities!