Valentines Party

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by missbianca, Jan 1, 2011.

1. missbianca

missbianca Rookie

Jan 1, 2011

I was wondering how you guys handle Valentines day at preschool? I have not done valentines day with preschoolers so I am unsure as to what to do with them? Do you do the whole pass out valentines and have card boxes. Do you make the card boxes in class or have them do that at home? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jan 2, 2011

If you want to have them pass out Valentine's (two preschools I worked with did and one didn't...so...) have them make them in class. One center that I worked with even had the students make the Valentine's in class. One year they were completely hand made, the next we asked for parents to send in boxes of Valentine's for the kids to fill out. It was really fun.

For a child who cannot write their name, we used stamps. The students got to pick a stamp to match them (baseball for the child who loved baseball, paintbrush for the child who loved art, etc). Then they stamped each of their Valentine's.

4. vannapk

vannapk Groupie

Jan 2, 2011

I have ideas for Valentine Parties in preschool on my Valentine page.

5. sarzacsmom

sarzacsmom Groupie

Jan 3, 2011

In my class, we make valentine's bags by decorating white paper lunch size bags with heart cut outs etc. The children bring in valentines that they make or fill out at home. For our party we usually make cookies the day before and they get to decorate them and eat them at snack time the day of the party. I ask parents to send in red juice, and red and pink fruits and we make a fruit salad with watermelon, strawberries, raspberries, red grapes etc. Or sometimes we make pink milkshakes to go with our cookies--- Each child takes a turn passing out their valentines by putting them in the bag with their friends' names. then each child takes their bag to their nap spot to look through them for a few minutes and then they put them away and we are done!