Valentines from your class?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Miss J. Pre-K, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Miss J. Pre-K

Miss J. Pre-K Comrade

Feb 13, 2010

Anyone else get valentines from your class? I was really surprised--it's my first year in a public school. About 2/3 of the class got me something in addition to a card . . . a big teddy bear, a couple of coffee mugs, a gift card to a book store, a pair of earrings and heart dish towel, chocolates, candy. I know presents aren't important, but it really makes me smile that they thought of me. :)

3. newbie87

newbie87 Comrade

Feb 13, 2010

That's funny. I was just filling out thank you notes because half of the class got me things. I got some candy and a few stuffed animals.

4. yarnwoman

yarnwoman Cohort

Feb 13, 2010

I only got a couple of things. I think it is because its 8th grade!

5. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Feb 13, 2010

I was also surprised-I got some flowers, a plant, a very cute vase and some mugs as well. I regifted the candy to our aides and custodians-heaven knows I don't need it! :p But it was very thoughtful of the kids.

6. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Feb 13, 2010

I got one of those giant, heart-shaped twisted lollipops. Very sweet--I'm sure he picked it out himself. (Although, I don't think I need the 400 calories and 92 grams of sugar!)

I also got a candle and some chocolates. All unexpected, all very appreciated!

7. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Feb 13, 2010

Candy (including a box of Godiva:p)
    Handmade cards
    2 great necklaces
    A gift bag filled with packages of those cool rice cake popper things- I'm addicted to them...zero points on WW.
    ...and a plastic tiara because evidently one of my students thinks I'm his princess teacher ....:love:

8. carlea

carlea Comrade

Feb 14, 2010

I received lots of candy, a couple cupcakes, and gift cards. I was surprised because they're in middle school and we don't have holiday parties. One of my students from last year even came to my room after school to give me a candy bar! Such sweet kids!

9. wrice

wrice Habitué

Feb 15, 2010

I have about 60 miles on the treadmill worth of chocolate! Gave away some heart boxes to my mom and neighbors. Spread the joy before it spreads my waistline!