Valentine's Day

Discussion in 'First Grade' started by Pacificpastime, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Pacificpastime

Pacificpastime Companion

Jan 18, 2011

Any unique valentine's ideas out there? We always pass out valentine's every year, but I want something more. I have been considering trying some sort of service thing, making someone else's day type of thing. I am just not sure exactly what I want to. Valetine's Day is portrayed as self-indulgent, and I want to shift that idea and try to make them realize its about other people. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

3. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jan 18, 2011

I know at home we were talking about making Valentine's for the people who live at my gparent's nursing home!!! Maybe just some hearts or something...but a little something special!!

I have never forgot when we did a fashion show at a nursing home, about 20 yrs ago. They LOVED it...

4. bondo

bondo Cohort

Jan 19, 2011

We have done valentine's from the whole class to janitors, lunch people, volunteers, etc. We usually included a picture and some kind of craft-frame. It is a lot of fun.

Diznee - I think the fashion show is a great idea. It sounds like a lot of work, but would be great fun and enjoyable for both parties involved.

5. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jan 19, 2011

Bondo... a lady we know had an Aunt that was in a nursing home and a ton of her old clothes. So the lady asked if we wanted to participate. OMGosh it was like turn of the century type stuff... you can imagine the boots and clothes... It was a lot of fun. It was more work just trying to find what would fit us. Luckily we had about 4-5 girls, a couple of women & a boy or 2!!! I don't know how those women wore shoes that were so narrow!!!