Valentines Day Plans?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Chrissteeena, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Chrissteeena

Chrissteeena Companion

Feb 11, 2010

What are yours?

My boyfriend is writing a MASSIVE paper. Well, not massive in length; its only 8-10 pages. But, massive in importance. It is the paper that will allow him to get his MLIS in May and graduate! So, we really aren't doing too much for Valentines. I'll probably cook some dinner, and we will watch a movie late that night, then he will go back to working on the paper. It's due Tuesday at 5. So as soon as I get home, we are going to best buy- our Valentines gift to each other is going to be the Wii. I can't wait … to bowl! LOL:wub:

We are going to St. Augustine next month for a weekend for our 6 yr. anniversary, that will be fun. :wub:

3. SunnyGal

SunnyGal Companion

Feb 11, 2010

Enjoy the Wii, Chrissteeena! My husband and I got one for Christmas, and we love to play it!

As for Valentine's Day, we're pretty low-key. We have a Chick-Fil-A giftcard, so we're going to get some dinner to eat at home, rent a movie, and enjoy a night in. :)

4. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Feb 11, 2010

I am single. But, my plans are to watch the Daytona 500. LOL. Even if I was in a relationship, I would not be willing to do anything until after the checkered flag waved.

So happy. My driver won the duel race today!! :woot:

5. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Feb 11, 2010

We are having fondue for dinner. I might make a nice breakfast too. No presents this year for us, we are putting everything for day trips on our honeymoon.

6. GoehringTeaches

GoehringTeaches Comrade

Feb 11, 2010

Since the husband is in Iraq, my mom said she'd be my date! (My dad will be out of town for a week too.) We are going to get manicures, pedicures, buy baby stuff, eat, and watch "Dear John."

7. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Feb 11, 2010

Wow, now that I think about it, I've always had a BF EVERY Valentine's Day since I was 18! :)

This yr, it's simple. We're going out on Sat during the day rather than the busy Sun, probably to The Cheesecake Factory & maybe the movies. I've wanted to try their turkey burger for quite a while. But we'll probably see each other on Sun too. It's a special bonus to have VD during my 4-day weekend! :D

I got my BF an emergency cell phone charger that doesn't need an outlet (& I got one for me too!) & See's candy in the tuxedo box...also made a card!

8. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Feb 11, 2010

Chick Fil A is closed on Sunday! Hope you have a plan B.

9. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Feb 11, 2010

After we recover from a parade that's on Saturday, we'll go to a play. Then Monday we'll go see a movie.

10. Briana008

Briana008 Companion

Feb 11, 2010

We're celebrating Valentine's day all weekend. We are both into ballroom dancing and there is a Valentine's ballroom dance Friday night at the studio. Saturday is our main celebration, we got reservations at a French restaurant and are then going to an Argentine tango dance party. Then on Sunday we have our usual weekly west coast swing class and afterwards yet another Valentine's dance!

As for gifts we decided to buy tickets for a Sugarland concert this summer, already looking forward to it! I will also make him some homemade chocolate truffles tomorrow since we're out of school. Hope they turn out!

~Briana~

11. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Feb 11, 2010

hopefully moving into our house! And we decided instead of the corny gift contest that we usually have, we are going to order a few fun things for the house off of thinkgeek.com.

12. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Feb 11, 2010

It's going to be a great weekend. My birthday is tomorrow, so we're going to the Melting Pot for a late dinner. Saturday evening is my party, so my good friend and I will be cooking all day and having great friends over to eat, eat, eat. She'll stay the night, and I'm surprising her with roses and a chocolate heart Sunday morning, as she's currently single. We'll have breakfast with dh, and then she and I will go shopping all day, as I need clothes for my new job and she needs clothes as just lost a bunch of weight. I'm making dh art for his present, but I thought I would work on it today and tomorrow, but I had to start my job this morning, so it will have to wait for next week.

Anyhow, great weekend planned!

13. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Feb 11, 2010

We're going to have a dinner in on Sat. night (I'm making breakfast for dinner w/ heart shaped pancakes) and on Sunday afternoon we're going to a play. We're going out to eat that evening.

14. SunnyGal

SunnyGal Companion

Feb 12, 2010

We're planning on doing it on Saturday night. :)

15. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Feb 12, 2010

Told dh to clear his schedule.
    Tomorrow (Saturday):
    Walk in the snow (so beautiful!!) to local coffee shop
    Take him to batting range (Spring baseball season will be here befor you know it!)
    Movies (It's complicated)
    maybe NYC day on Sunday...museum and lunch....

16. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Feb 12, 2010

Since Monday is our Anniversary (36 years,) all our kids are coming this weekend and some friends. We're all cooking a huge prime rib dinner together!

17. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Feb 12, 2010

Going to a condo on the lake for the weekend. We're leaving in the morning.

18. upstatenytchr

upstatenytchr Rookie

Feb 13, 2010

DH and I are going to Red Lobster to splurge...then probably seeing a movie. We gave each other our gifts last night because we can never wait until the official day of a holiday!! I got 2 new silver beads for my Pandora bracelet :) I love when DH picks them out...I know he put some thought into it :)

19. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Feb 13, 2010

Congrats Grammy!!

Mass, then the diner for breakfast.

Then we're hanging out, probably watching the Olympics on TV.

I have a steak to defrost-- it's going to be low budget and low key.

20. Crzy_ArtTeacher

Crzy_ArtTeacher Comrade

Feb 13, 2010

We've been working on our home together as a present to each other. My guy finished my closet for me so I was planning and giddy with delight all afternoon!

21. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Feb 13, 2010

I am rather sick and will most likely head into the hospital on Monday or Tuesday for a long round of IVs...so no Valentine's Day for me or my bf. I am spending the weekend in bed and he is watching sports. I had wanted to make him a pie but don't think that will happen. This happened last year at this time too so it isn't that surprising I guess, but still disappointing:(

22. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Feb 13, 2010

OK, back from my day of 'events' I planned for dh:

Instead of walking to a coffee shop, I had him take a detour this morning after the dry cleaning run- coffee shop in the next town, small, cute, not a national chain...latte for dh, raspberry cafe au lait for me...followed by a walk to a cute little antique shop...may go back for a pressed glass deviled egg plate...contemplating it...

Back home, changed into sweats (well, he did- I put on jeans and great boots)...off to batting cage- I let him know this destination so as to have the proper equipment with us...dh batted in the 65 mph cage (baseball)...a coach there asked him what team he had played for...my dh said the Sox (his adult weekend league) and the coach thought he had maybe played pro...yeah, dh is good...

Home for healthy lunch.

Headed out to movies- It's Complicated...so good although dh hated the ending...I thought it was great and we've been having the man/woman relationship discussion ever since even though this will be our 30th year together, still madly in love....

Bowling- there's a cool, hip bowling place at the mall where the movies were, there were empty lanes so we thought we'd get in but they were booked with parties, reservations until midnight so we went to the 'old school' lanes on the way home (I went there on a date with a school crush in the 3rd grade!:love:)...I positively stink at bowling and probably haven't bowled in at least 10 years...of course, dh had many strikes and spares...he's what Gardner would call 'bodily-kinesthetic' although he's pretty much well rounded intellectually.

Irish pub- I suggested sushi, but that's not my valentine's fave so we opted for Irish pub...PEI mussels for me so I was happy...ran into some friends...the husband had worked on the movie we had just seen (crew) so he had a lot of insights...so fascinating....

Home now, watching the Olympics...dh says it's my day tomorrow...starting with breakfast that he's making...:love:

23. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Feb 13, 2010

We've had a busy weekend!

Friday: Breakfast out and a movie, then a float loading party at night.

Today: Parade

Sunday: Theater, and maybe another parade. I'm also baking him a German chocolate cake, his favorite!

Monday: errands, and maybe another movie!

24. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Feb 14, 2010

Today, my BF & I went to dinner at the Yard House & a movie, The Wolfman. The YH has the best turkey burgers I've ever eaten & the movie was good.

So sorry. Get better soon.

25. Chrissteeena

Chrissteeena Companion

Feb 14, 2010

gave in early

We gave in today. We were going to wait until Tuesday to buy the Wii, however I couldn't wait anymore!!!! We found the only Wii within a 25 mile radius of where we live! All the other stores are sold out, with similar stories from employees "everyone is using their tax rebate!" ACK.

I love my new Wii (esp. bowling) … :mad:he just better finish his paper! He has been playing tennis for a while now lol :mad:

26. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Feb 14, 2010

Everything that everyone is doing sounds great! I am hoping to break out the Mario Kart Wii game tomorrow that I got awhile ago but haven't played.

27. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Feb 14, 2010

My sweet Valentine let me sleep in this morning....Brought me breakfast in bed...eggs, toast, fruit, and MIMOSAS!:love: a few chocolates.
    Tucked under my plate was the BEST card...don't you love how some cards just have the right words and tickets to a new Broadway show...'Come Fly Away'...it's a love story set to Frank Sinatra music...DH is the best Valentine for me!!:wub::wub::wub:

http://www.playbill.com/news/articl...to-Land-at-Broadways-Marquis-Theatre-in-March

28. stephenpe

stephenpe Connoisseur

Feb 14, 2010

I recently solicited advice for VD and the answers were hugely appreciated. I think it inspired me a little. We had womp cinnamon rolls with pink sprinkles, real OJ, coffee, the kids had lots of valentine thingys. They gave mom a bear and card. I got her new earphones (the two year old ate the old ones), a book, chocolate, gum, magazine, flowers (the kind she likes) and at 530am in 27 degree weather took 100 plastic cups and wrote I love you on the back chainlink fence (she made the sound that said she liked it). Took awhile as they kept popping back out as I put them in. Then made a heart in the front gate. Lastly, I told her we are off to the mall for the kids to play in the mall park and she goes to a jewelry store to pick out what she wants...............cause I cant.

29. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Feb 14, 2010

Funny...my principal got a post it from a kid that said: Happy V.D. Mr. X... We laughed.

Love the cups.

Really LOVE the jewelry store...:wub:

30. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Feb 14, 2010

My parents & I still get each other a little something. We got each other a card & I got them a little See's candy & they got me a little pot of roses.