Valentine Gifts for Boys

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by DaTeach, Jan 25, 2009.

1. DaTeach

DaTeach Comrade

Jan 25, 2009

I can never think of what to buy boys for Valentine's Day. Bath and Body had their small bottles of lotions and body washes on sale for a dollar, and mini hand gels 5 for 5 dollars...and since I only have 7 girls, I bought some. Dollar Tree had the puffs 2 for a dollar so I bought those. I never know what to give the boys...any suggestions?

4th grade

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jan 25, 2009

Kooky pens are big near me..Also something called Bakugan? Maybe some sports trading cards?

4. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Jan 25, 2009

My son is in third and he always likes when he gets pencils. Now, a bunch of hearts is probably not what they would want, maybe you can find smiley faces or sports. Mini calculators are fun too and often available at the dollar store. I guess I'm just suggesting you pick up something fun that really doesn't have anything to do with Valentines Day but will be enjoyed!

5. DaTeach

DaTeach Comrade

Jan 25, 2009

thanks...good suggestions. I bought my guys each a Dollar store mini basketball goal (over the door) for Christmas...they seemed to like that.

6. Arky

Arky Comrade

Jan 25, 2009

I bought the big balls they are not blown up yet. They have the rubber band handle. Oh my goodness. They had a fit and they loved them!!! I bought them a the dollar store and there were 3 in a bag.

7. Teacher_Lyn

Teacher_Lyn Companion

Jan 27, 2009

what about pokemon, bakuguns or Goku stickers? they often sell them at the dollar store. same with Pirates of Carribean stickers. My boys love 'em.

They also like Army/camoflague pencils and pens or anything with WWE on it, even if the stuff is outdated and from the dollar store.

8. mom2ohc

mom2ohc Habitué

Jan 28, 2009

punching balloons, sounds like a great idea

9. dwolfe

dwolfe New Member

Feb 3, 2009

I'm not a teacher so sorry for loging on here but you may help me with my delema.

I'm serving in Kuwait right now and will be here for the next two months. I'm sending my wife flowers at work for V-day and my daughter flowers at School.

My delema is this. I want to send my son something also to school for V-day but I have no idea what. He is in the 5th grade and while I was searching for Ideas this site came up. Hey you guys are teachers and know the kids better then most parents. So any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks.

10. midwestteacher

midwestteacher Cohort

Feb 3, 2009

For dwolfe

The florist shops also have stuff for guys. A basket of snacks or candy. A bouquet of balloons?

11. BioAngel

BioAngel Science Teacher - Grades 3-6

Feb 3, 2009

All of my kids are getting candy bracelets that look like watches. I know a few of them will enjoy wearing them more than eating them so it should be amusing :)

Of course, I'm only giving them out at the end of the day to save the other teachers hating me for giving the kids candy to play with and eat.