Valentine gift

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by tiggerteacher, Jan 30, 2007.

1. tiggerteacher

tiggerteacher Companion

Jan 30, 2007

I need help! I want to make a poem with my kids in computers for valentines. I would like it to be a gift for their family. Any ideas? I teach 1st grade. I was thinking have them choose a name and write what each letter stand for but I think that is too hard.

Thanks

3. briannasoloski

briannasoloski Rookie

Jan 31, 2007

I found Valentine's Day bookmarks online that I photocopied for the kids. They're also going to make Valentine's for their parents.

4. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jan 31, 2007

Did you try the themes section here at AtoZ? Lots of good ideas.

5. 2nd grade teach

2nd grade teach Rookie

Feb 1, 2007

This is not a poem, but I just found a good gift idea for students. You can melt crayons in heart shaped muffin pans. Then they have a heart shaped crayon, its really cute!

6. briannasoloski

briannasoloski Rookie

Feb 1, 2007

That's a really cute idea. I'll have to remember that for next year.

7. SweetMsNC

SweetMsNC Rookie

Feb 2, 2007

This can be a gift for any occasion, including Valentine's Day. I used this for parent conferences. The day before conferences, I showed the students how to fold orgami figures. I tied this in with 3-D shapes in math. I let the students practice first on regular paper, then I allowed them to use special orgami paper that I picked up real cheap from an arts and crafts store. For Valentines, you could use red, pink, or purple patterned paper. I then had the students write a letter to their parents welcoming them to our classroom. You could have the children write their parents a sweet poem or something. The parents in my class were thrilled! The parents could take their childrens creations home as a gift. Since I am no expert on folding orgami, I looked up easy things, such as frogs and swans, to teach the kids. The kids had a blast making them. Hope this helps!!!

8. teachingmomof4

teachingmomof4 Groupie

Feb 2, 2007

I found a crafty thing for my kids to do. They are going to make little cupids from marshmallow type foam. (Like those marshmallow snowmen that you can get for the Christmas tree.) They are really cute. I found them at Michael's. (Do you have a Michael's there?)