Valentine bulletin board!!!!

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by fiskeda, Jan 31, 2011.

1. fiskeda

fiskeda Rookie

Jan 31, 2011

Looking for a cute idea for my valentine board!!!!

Thanks

dana

3. LvToyFoxTerrier

LvToyFoxTerrier Rookie

Jan 31, 2011

I cut out large white hearts, fold them in half and then have the kids plop different colors of paint on them. Then fold back in half, have the child rub both sides together well, open back up and you have beautiful hearts, each one different! (I also laminate them after the paint dries so they are shiny and keep well since parents always want to save these) I then just title my board "Happy Valentines Day! :thumb:

4. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Feb 1, 2011

Make large Hershey's kisses out of aluminum foil (cover cardboard if you like) with the white strip coming from the tops. Put kids' names on the strips. Title it, "I'm So Sweet". Then, have each student tell you you how he knows he is 'sweet'. You write his response under the line, "I know I'm sweet because ..." on pieces of pink or red paper and post beneath the appropriate Hershey kiss. You could add student photos if you wish.

Decorate any bulletin board with heart shaped doilies and a white lacy border (can even hole punch plain white strips) on pink or white background and it looks adorable.

I remember when my nephew responded to the question, "How do you know your mother loves you?" by saying, "Her kisses me on the lips." That hung on the refrigerator for years.

5. smpeterson77

smpeterson77 Rookie

Feb 2, 2011

My assistant does ours, and she combined Valentine's Day with Dental health month. We took a picture of each child with a tooth brush, and mounted it on a cut out of a tooth. The "tooth pictures" surround a giant cutout of a heart that has a tooth fairy drawn on it. It looks cute:)

6. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2011

super-cute idea! My son's teacher had each student write down something nice about each classmate. Then, the teacher typed out a list of what their classmates wrote for each student. For example:

Donald is kind.
    Donald is soo funny!
    Donald is helpful.
    Donald is a true friend.
    Donald is smart.

7. ms.amnie

ms.amnie Rookie

Feb 6, 2011

love this idea!

8. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Feb 6, 2011

Marble rolling paint or bubble painting with red paint on cut out hearts is fun...then have kids dictate or use invented spelling to list what the love...