using technology in the classroom

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by kall4him2, Mar 19, 2008.

1. kall4him2

kall4him2 Rookie

Mar 19, 2008

I was wondering if anyone had any great lessons that they have incoroporated technology. Thanks

3. little317

little317 Groupie

Mar 20, 2008

You can do powerpoint presentations with lots of subjects. A teacher from another school sent us a powerpoint on addition. She used clipart to show addition. I'm sure you could do a class writing activity on word with the class. You would need a prjector though.

4. vannapk

vannapk Groupie

Mar 20, 2008

Technology is incorporated into everything we do in our classroom daily. We have an ACTIVboard (interactive whiteboard) and a computer/document camera hooked up to an LCD projector. You can read more about all the technology we use here.

Here are some examples of technology we have used:

I created a PowerPoint set to music for the "UG" word family (learningworkshop.com). I inserted clipart to go with each of the "ug" words in the song, then I converted the slides to .jpgs, imported them into Photo Story, and added the music. This way the students can view the Photo Story at the student computers on their own and we can also view it from the computer via the projector and see it on the big screen. I have done this for many songs we use in class daily.

We had representatives from the local rodeo come to our classroom last week. I took lots of pictures while they were here interacting with the kids, there was a petting zoo and ponies too :) Then, I imported the pictures into Power Point, added simple, easy to read text under each photo like "I can pet a lamb. I can pet a pony." etc. Next, I converted each slide to a .jpg and imported them into Photo Story. Finally, I had one student come up at a time and narrate their picture into the microphone. When finished we had a terrific digital story to read together on the large screen and at the student computers.

5. Dzenna

Dzenna Groupie

Mar 20, 2008

I have a digital camera and photo printer in the classroom. I take and print pictures and put them on the board so the families can some of the things we do.

I just starting taking the kids to our school's Primary Learning Lab once a week. Each child works on his own computer. The built confidence and self-indepence skills. I use software where they play games incorporating math skills and are exposed to rhymes, letters, words and symbols, phonics.

We just got Discovery Streaming. I can show videos and clips that works with our curriculum.

In the next few weeks I'm hoping to do an interactive field trip.

6. lw3teach

lw3teach Companion

Mar 21, 2008

I use an ActivBoard, and projector, send home a daily e-mail to all my families, incorporate digital cameras into Writer's Workshop and Interactive Writing, and try to incorporate technology into at least one station each day. I also use United Streaming and TeacherTube I find technology highly important. Here is a great site for interactive SMART board or ActivBoard activities: http://www.ainop.com/users/classroom/SMARTboard_Resources_K-12.html

7. Dzenna

Dzenna Groupie

Mar 21, 2008

lw3teach- I forgot about email being part of technology!