using sticky notes or labels to take notes on kids

Discussion in 'General Education' started by msj5ny, Sep 17, 2009.

1. msj5ny

msj5ny Rookie

Sep 17, 2009

How do I do this? I can't remember where I learned about it but I'm sure a lot of teachers use labels (or sticky notes) to keep track of obsevations and conferences. I tried it once unsuccessfully when I first started teaching and am ready to try again. Can someone tell me how to set it up? Thanks in advance.

3. CANteach

CANteach Rookie

Sep 17, 2009

I"ve used them before by taking a file folder and sticky notes, I've put each student's name on a sticky note and stuck them all onto the two sides of a file folder so I just grab it and add my notes to it.

4. 2inspire

2inspire Companion

Sep 17, 2009

For the labels you just clip a page of blank labels to a clipboard and transfer them to a page in the child's folder at the end of the day. I set up my label page so that each one had a different student name on it so I could see quickly who I had/hadn't done an anectodal on that day/week.

5. kimrandy1

kimrandy1 Enthusiast

Sep 18, 2009

I saw a teacher who did the file folder thing - but she glued a picture of each kid into the file folder, and covered it with a sticky note. When you write a note on the kid, you take that sticky note off of the folder and put it in a place to file. That way, you can see who you've got a note on for that day (or week) just at a quick glance (the ones with the pictures showing (because you've removed those notes) are finished.
    Ki

6. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Sep 18, 2009

I did this last year. Since my kids all had #s I would jot down their # & my note. At the end of the day I would transfer my labels to a page in their folder, where I would also put the date.