Using Quizlet

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Peregrin5, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

Jan 18, 2017

So I've always been aware of Quizlet as a vocabulary app, but I'm now starting to figure out more uses for it.

1. I have my kids use Quizlet as our "dictionary" for this unit. If there is a word they don't understand they look it up on Quizlet. I can set it up with all the main words I'm going to teach at the beginning of the unit.
    2. I have kids copy down the words and definitions from Quizlet onto their vocab sheet and then for homework, they have to draw an image of the concept, and write a sentence using the word.
    3. I have all students install it on their phones and can use it during class study time (if we have it). Or use it to study at home with.
    4. During discussions, I allow students to have their phones out to use the Quizlet card set for that unit so they can use it as a word bank in case they forget a term, or need some priming to help them get into the discussion.

How do you use Quizlet?

3. ms.irene

ms.irene Connoisseur

Jan 18, 2017

Quizlet Live! Quizlet Live! Quizlet Live! It is the best quick, easy, fun, FREE review game I have found -- my kids love it! Students do need to have devices, but any device will do. You start the game, the kids enter a code to join, and they are automatically put onto teams for a collaborative matching game. If you have devices you can use in your classroom, you have to try it!

ready2learn and Peregrin5 like this.
  4. heatherberm

heatherberm Cohort

Jan 18, 2017

My kids *adore* Quizlet Live. Kids who will otherwise never ever look at each other much less work together will be all in with each other. The repetition is also great while still being fun.

ms.irene likes this.