Using ink stamp pads

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by jlj, Nov 7, 2009.

1. jlj

jlj Devotee

Nov 7, 2009

Do you put only one color at at time out or a variety? How do you keep them from mixing the colors thereby ruining the stamp pads? I put out two colors, one for vowels, one for consonants to practice our sight words. We walked through the how-to and I placed an example of each word on the table plus had the vowels on one side with stamps and stamp pad and the consonants on the other side with stamps and stamp pad. I also limited the letters put out to those needed for the words we were working on. Any tips?

3. sevenplus

sevenplus Connoisseur

Nov 8, 2009

I don't think my students would be able to keep that straight. Even I might use the wrong stamp pad when doing that.

I usually don't care too much about the stamp pads getting muddled.

If you want them to make the vowels different somehow, maybe just have them stamp the words all one color and then underline the vowels or something like that.

Your idea sounds neat, but I do think most K's would get mixed up.

4. Kindergarten31

Kindergarten31 Cohort

Nov 9, 2009

How about putting the consonants and pad at one table and the vowels and that pad at another table? Or appoint a "monitor"--I am sure someone would love that job.

5. luv2garden

luv2garden Rookie

Nov 17, 2009

I use markers instead of ink pads. They are cheaper and much easier to clean up after!!

:)

6. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

Nov 17, 2009

I only use one color of stamp pad at a time.

7. sarzacsmom

sarzacsmom Groupie

Nov 17, 2009

my pre-k kids use stamp pads as part of free art or specific projects. I put out all the colors and we practice ink paper ink paper ink paper SWITCH, we repeat this and practice it a few times and they usually do pretty good. Did the same with water colors--water paint paper, water paint paper---