Useful Web sites for basic skills tests

Discussion in 'Basic Skills Tests' started by TeacherGroupie, Jun 27, 2006.

1. NJWhite

NJWhite New Member

Nov 22, 2013

Hi Teacher!
    There are many website that can give you, but I suggest to be careful for what you've choose. Many scammer also are everywhere.

2. eeb1

eeb1 New Member

Nov 26, 2013

Can anyone guide me for a study prep website of options to review the GKT Reading section. I passed every section but the reading. I have the REA GKT book and Cliff Notes but this did not help. This reading section was so fast I timed out and the reading and questions were difficult. Please help!!

Thanks

3. Nab

Nab Companion

Sep 5, 2014

Is the practice Math Core test on the ets site worth it? I've taken it twice and my score has improved, but it's the same questions each time. I'm worried my brain is just remembering answers.

4. thompsonamy

thompsonamy New Member

Dec 3, 2014

This is really great idea. Thank you so much for sharing here.

5. 23teach

23teach New Member

Feb 3, 2015

I came across a module based test prep website for the FTCE general knowledge test (I can't post the link yet, but it's easy to google) H&H publishing FTCE general knowledge course
    and I'm wondering if anyone has used this course before. It looks like it might be outdated, but I can't figure out if the material is up-to-date with the current test. It includes 4 practice tests in each area and you can send in your essays for feedback with a "three day turn-around" time.
    Has anyone ever used it? If you have, is it relevant/current?

6. netta3651

netta3651 New Member

Aug 4, 2015

answer questions to cbest that I have difficulty with

I was seeing if there was a site that I could ask questions that I have difficulty with on the CBESt. I also wanted more practice problems IM in california and I have gone through a few books that I found on amazon.

7. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 4, 2015

Welcome to A to Z, netta. We don't discuss actual specific test questions here - see the WARNING at the top of this page? It's there for a reason - but we can certainly deal with more general issues.

Have you already taken CBEST? If so, which sections are giving you grief, and what diagnostics (plus marks, or letters on the essays) are you seeing?

8. Osmara Alvarez

Osmara Alvarez New Member

Oct 28, 2015

Hello everyone,
    I anyone taking FTCE GK math any sooner? I took it and fail it like a boss heheo_O
    Of course, I am not giving up, but I truly need some help, so I was wondering studying in group may help. So, if anyone willing to study in group let me know, it can be done online or in person.
    Thank lovely teacher in potential.

9. totavietnam

totavietnam Guest

Nov 12, 2015

Great idea teacher