urgent fingerprint processing problem

Discussion in 'New Teachers' started by saucykitty, Jan 9, 2007.

1. saucykitty

saucykitty Rookie

Jan 9, 2007

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know how long it takes for livescan fingerprint background checks to be sent back by the state and the FBI? Does anyone know if it's possible to expedite this process under extenuating circumstances

I'm a foreign teacher (from Canada) who was recruited to teach in LAUSD a year ago. Every step of the process has been filled with mis-information, frustration, communication problems (e.g. having extreme problems getting through to the right person for many problems) and random bad luck.

I've passed my CSET and CBEST etc. and my academic qualifications for my credential have been approved by the CCTC.

The current problem: after waiting seven months for my credential, I recieved a letter informing me it would take another 3-4 months for my fingerprint cards to be processed by the FBI. A few days later, I recieved another letter informing me that one of my fingerprint cards is no good and I have to have another one made up, and re-submit it. No one has a clue how long it will take to process it once recieved (although it must arrive at the CCTC within 30 days).

In the mean time, I need my California Teaching Credential ASAP if I am to qualify for a Visa for the coming school year (paperwork needs to be prepared as early as possible and submitted on or very shortly after April 1st as there is a tight quota of visas and it's exhausted within a few weeks).

Can anyone advise me on what I can do to get my fingerprint results back ASAP???!!!

many thanks,
    SK

3. Cateacher2b

Cateacher2b Companion

Jan 9, 2007

I can't speak for LAUSD since I work in a private school. That being said, I had my fingerprints done through LIVESCAN when I was hired and I know that the school called and had the results within 1 week. As far as bad prints go, the LIVESCAN operator can tell you if the prints are acceptable--it's all done electronically. I hope that this helps :O

4. UCLACareerChngr

UCLACareerChngr Comrade

Jan 9, 2007

I've done livescan twice, once for sub position with Orange county department of ed and once with the school district. In one case, got the results back in two days, and in about 1.5 weeks with the other. These were both done on site electronically. You submitted cards? Any chance you can do it electronically? That probably makes a difference?

Good luck