Uploading a Video for an Application

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by otterpop, Mar 17, 2014.

1. otterpop

otterpop Phenom

Mar 17, 2014

I'm looking at an application process for a school district in a big city. One of the requirements is to "Create and upload 20 - 30 minute video of classroom instruction. Candidates will receive more information and guidelines about this step upon beginning the application process."

Has anyone had to do anything like this? Because of confidentiality issues, I wouldn't feel comfortable sending a video of my actual teaching in my student teaching placement (I don't think I would be allowed to record it, anyway). Would I just fake a lesson without students? That seems like a hard option too, because lessons usually involve student input.

3. bros

bros Phenom

Mar 18, 2014

I was allowed to record a lesson I did while student teaching - it was required for my program.

4. otterpop

otterpop Phenom

Mar 18, 2014

I did too, but I had to send a permission slip home saying it would only be viewed by myself and my professor.

5. bdd

bdd Rookie

Mar 18, 2014

Regarding confidentiality, you would need permission slips signed by student guardians. At the beginning of each year, I put this in my syllabus that is required to get signed: that I can use video and/or pictures for Donors Choose or Academic/Educational use only. (I allow them to opt out if they wanted, but none have thus far.)