Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by giraffe326, May 13, 2013.
Jul 13, 2013
Giraffe- I would stand your ground on the house offer... They are asking for too much from you IMO.
Just heard back- they've verbally agreed to the $200. Not sure about the days. Either way, I'll take it.
Hooray and hooray! 3rd sounds like a fun age.
Congrats! I had a feeling you might get 3rd-they probably wanted you in a testing grade because of your experience. I taught third grade for 3.5 years and loved it!
Oh- they wanted me in the science testing grade. I'm not surprised I'm still in a testing grade.
In NC, we test at the end of the year. MI tests in October. This should be interesting...
Yay on moving to 3rd and yay on the offer!!
If they test in October, are they testing current grade level? So 3rd graders are tested on all the 3rd grade standards in October? That's an interesting approach.
When you do you sign something so you can officially change your teacher information under your avatar?
Sometime next week
3rd is a lot of fun! So glad it worked out for the house and the grade
In Michigan they are tested on the previous years learning. With Common Core the test is changing, this may be the last year of testing in October before it moves back to Spring.
Jul 15, 2013
Still no contract....
However, I interviewed for the Title I position today and it seemed to have went well! The HR told me that I did a good job when he walked me out
What is their timeline for a decision?
I should know if I go to the next round tonight or tomorrow. The next round is next week which could be a little sticky for me...
If they're taking that long, and you've already accepted an offer, then it may be time for you to stop the search. Just my opinion.
cat, I would if I had seen a contract for the position I've accepted! I still have no idea about pay, either.
You don't know about the pay?? That would drive me nuts. Did you ask and they just didn't know? Or did you not want to ask?
I haven't asked. We were told on Thursday that we'd receive our contract via mail this week. We were all too scared to ask.
It is 221 days, 8-5. I'm worried that they will only offer $30K or so.
I work 210 days but also get a fair amount of sick/personal time so it's not too bad. I hope they offer you more than that! That would really be a deal breaker for me especially if I had other options.
Does the interview from today know you have an offer? If they really like you they might speed up the process. I hope you get your contract soon and it says more than you are thinking! Will you stay with your parents for now?
I have never interviewed for a private or charter school where the salary is not posted on the district website. Is it normal for charters or private schools to not disclose salary up front?
It is a brand new charter. They don't even have a website! There is a facebook page and that is all.
As for posting salaries- some schools do, some don't.
It is a 2 round thing. They said tonight or tomorrow for the first round.
I actually received a phone call from an online charter that I applied for way back on April 15!
I'm going to go ahead and take the phone interview. It is tomorrow
I guess this is school S.
Holy moley, you are an interviewing machine! You're still good as long as nothing is signed.
You go girl!
You are working so hard! I think in going to link this for every person who says they can't find a job from now on!
I work at a private school and they do not post salaries but the guy from HR who called me to offer me the job mentioned the salary right away. I would not think it's a good idea to ask the salary at the interview but after the offer that would have been one of my first questions.
I have canceled 2 interviews that were 2 hours or more away. The one today was 90 minutes away, but it was a Title I Math job- I was intrigued!
A bunch of jobs went up today, but I'm not even applying.
She's our celebrity
Gotta wear my sunglasses at night.
Jul 18, 2013
I've received two calls for interviews today. I set one up- debating about the other (I missed the call).
C- awaiting official openings- in the hiring pool- large, top rated school that pays REALLY well. 45 minutes.
F- pending- Charter. 60 minutes. Start-up. 2nd grade.
G- pending- Friend's school. Charter. 80 minutes.
M- pending- Big district. Interviewed 2 rounds. 70 minutes. Pays well.
O- I canceled
P- job offer- verbal acceptance- 3rd grade- urban STEM charter- salary unknown
R- 90 minutes away- Title I Math Specialist Position
S-pending- online charter
T- 60 minutes- nice area- interview Wednesday
U- deciding if I want to interview- charter- 60 minutes away
Jul 22, 2013
R called me back in for a round 2 interview and demo lesson! This was the Title I math job!
It is also on Wednesday. I'll have a few hours to kill between them, which will stink. One is 90 minutes away, one is 60 minutes away. They are probably 40 minutes apart.
Have you heard anything about your contract? Did the other teacher get her contract?
I think it is a good idea to keep interviewing.
Nope. Nothing. We are to report on Thursday. Both interviews on Wednesday and I will mention my offer to them- hopefully hurry them along!
Oh, geez! The suspense is killing me almost as much as the wait I am enduring for the interview I had last week!
Actually- for all those job seekers- I felt my interview went really well. The HR guy even told me good job on the way out. They said they'd call later that day or the next day, and if I was brought back the interviews would be held next week(this week). The interview was last Monday.
Today, my phone rings and I let it go to voicemail (I knew by the city that came up that it was this school). I figured since it had been a week (and they said next day) that it was a rejection. I'm over rejections and have been taking them via voicemail lately :lol: Anyway, it just said to call her back. So I did- and they asked for me to come back in!
So, even if you don't hear something in the timeline they give, don't completely give up hope!