Updating clearances

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Johnjoel, May 10, 2010.

1. Johnjoel

Johnjoel Companion

May 10, 2010

Hi everyone. I'm a teacher in PA who has recently been filling out job applications. Here's my question: I've applied to several districts over the past month and sent them my clearances, etc. Two of my clearances just expired today and I was wondering if I should send each district updated clearances.

Also, I'm on PA educator, and it looks like my child abuse and state check will be expired for about a week or two until they post the new ones (My FBI Clearance has recently been updated and is good for the next year)....Anyone with experience know how bad this will hurt my chances of being called for an interview by one of the PA educator districts?

3. Toak

Toak Cohort

May 11, 2010

You have to have updated clearances on PA - educator. Pretty much every school district in the western part of the state only pulls applications from there.
    In pa-reap, its not such a big deal, and many eastern school districts pull from there.

4. Johnjoel

Johnjoel Companion

May 11, 2010

Any insights?

5. cheerfulfifi

cheerfulfifi Rookie

May 11, 2010

If they just recently expired I'm sure it would be fine. If you wanted, include a note saying that you've sent in the paperwork to update your clearances (if you have) or say that you'd be willing to get them updated.
    I believe I was offered my job and was filling out paperwork when we realized I needed a new clearance, so they ended up paying for it. I don't think it's going to affect if they are going to call you or not. That's more important after they offer you the job.

6. MissTeach22

MissTeach22 Companion

May 11, 2010

I'm also in PA...in most school districts everything must be up to date and current or they will not accept your application packet. My advice is to send an attached note saying that your clearances will be on the way when you receive them! :)