If you didn't read the OP, please start there for the background info. http://forums.atozteacherstuff.com/showthread.php?t=94189 We had an okayish day on Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday was the day from H***! I couldn't get him into his classroom, he screamed and cried for me basically all day long, he got in trouble, the teachers had to hold him so he wouldn't run away...it was sooooooo bad. By breakfast (less than an hour into our day), I had him in my room trying to calm him down and keep him from getting sent home. He did settle a little by the time lunch was over and he took a nap. By the time I got him after school, he was physically sick from crying so much. He had a headache and was just kind of lethargic. I sat and held him and gave him some tylenol for his head ache and he perked up a little. I took him to gymnastics and he did pretty well (extremely well for him) there until the very end when he didn't want to leave. We started a behavior chart on Wednesday for him. It's broken down into his schedule so that he can earn a stamp on his chart for coming in nicely, morning meeting, breakfast, recess, etc. There are a total of about 12. His teacher decided that each time he can earn 4 stamps, he can come into my room to give me high five (the psychologist we talked to the other day said a hug was not a good idea because of the closeness causing more separation problems). If he gets 5 in a day, he is allowed to play the computer after school in my room. We haven't set a reward for earning them all, but I'm sure we will make it a pretty big deal, especially the first time. If he earns less than 5, he goes to his room when we get home, then as soon as he eats dinner and has a shower, he goes to bed-no tv, computer, etc. So, Wednesday, he earned about 7 or 8. They were questionable on some of them, but the teacher felt it should be positive the first day, so she let him have them. Yesterday, he got two. So, as soon as we got home, he had to go to bed (we had eaten dinner already). It really upset him and I think it made a point. Today was better. He got all but one stamp!!! I saw him at breakfast and at lunch and both times, I was able to get out of the cafeteria without him running out after me. In fact, I don't think he even noticed at lunch. So, imagine my surprise when I was called into the principal's office this afternoon and it was suggested that I consider moving him to another school or to Head Start. This is only our 7th day of school! Yes, he's had two days that were torture. But, he's had two days that were pretty great too and three days that were soso. Shouldn't we give him some time? Then, the next thing I know, I'm being called into the school psychologist's office and she tells me that he was assessed for speech today (which i was aware of and expected him to qualify for) and that she was "pretty sure" that he was going to fall below the 25% delay cut-off. She also informed me that next week, she will give him a develpmental assessment and that she's "pretty sure" he will fall below 25% delay in another category-allowing him to qualify for the "developmentally delayed" class in another building. She just wanted me to be aware of that option. Okay, so I know that my son has some issues. He DOES have a speech delay-not the worst I've ever heard, but it's there-and he does have some behavior issues that need to be addressed. He's very very strong willed. I believe he has ADHD and I am addressing that and trying to get him some medical intervention for it. But, putting him in a developmentally delayed class??? That seems a little harsh to me. Especially when I think of how hard I've had to fight to get kids placed in those classes. I'm supposed to be thinking it through this weekend so we can meet and talk about it on Monday after school. Right now, I'm just really upset and angry about this whole situation. First of all, I feel like the biggest problem is that the teacher just really doesn't want to deal with him. When he's had a problem, I've seen him dealing with the assistant teacher, the student teacher, the counselor, the RTC teacher, the custodian, and the assistant principal. Until today, I have not one time seen HIS TEACHER handling the problem. She has constantly passed him off to someone else. Another problem I'm having is time, like I said. It's only been 7 days. I have never gotten a problem student dealt with by administrators in 7 days. Perhaps they feel like they are doing me a "favor" by trying to "help" him so soon. I feel like they are jumping the gun and trying to avoid having to deal with him here. I'm also not very happy that they are so willing to label a child on the 7th day of school. Isn't there a process that has to be followed to get that done? I also don't like the fact that I am the only one who is trying to come up with interventions-I made his behavior chart myself and gave it to the teacher. I am going to try to go in next week and get some pictures of him in his classroom to make him a schedule. The only intervention I have heard from the teacher or the administrators until today is "if he does't get it together, we may have to send him home." (We have sent 4 Prek kids home in the first 7 days of school hmy Tell me how that solves the problem? Anyway, my husband and I have already decided that he WILL NOT be going to another school and especially not the developmentally delayed class. I think that the best option for him would be to give him time to adjust, make some modification for him so that he can have some appropriate times and ways to come over and see me, and leave him in his original class. I have to meet with the "team" of people on Monday after school, so I'm working on my list of arguments right now. My main problem is that I have a really hard time speaking in front of people and I can't always get out what I want to say. So, I'm hoping that if I write my main arguments down, I will be able to get it out better. Does anyone have any idea legally of our rights to have him in this school? It's technically not our home school. We are here on an out-of-district transfer because I teach here. Can they make his go back to his home district this year after his transfer has already been accepted? Can I fight having him labeled "developmentally delayed" after I have consented to the assessments? I truly can't believe it has come to this!