Update on interview (s)

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by giraffe326, Jun 20, 2012.

1. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jun 20, 2012

Hey all :)
    I had a phone interview on Monday. This was the school I was super nervous about due to the distance. It is an hour and a half away from where I will be staying. I cannot move closer until my house sells in NC. However, they have contacted my principal (I'm not sure about any other references). So I guess things are looking good! They did tell my current P they won't make the decision until they meet me. I will be in town for another interview on Monday, so hopefully they will wait until then. They did know that Monday was the soonest I would be in town.

This coming Monday's interview is about an hour from where I will be staying. This school has already contact my principal via email, so I think they must be pretty serious about me as well! Plus, a district 20 minutes away will be contacting for interviews by the end of the week. Of course, they may not even call me.

Basically, I am getting nervous that I will be offered a job from the first school, and later get an opportunity closer to home. If it were not for the commute, I would have zero hesitation. It is the grade I want to teach (2nd) and it seems like a good, small town school (which I also love!).

I just wanted to share because I just found out that the first school called my P and I am excited!

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jun 20, 2012

How exciting!

Just a thought, but a team member may be willing to let you crash with them occasionally during the week.

4. ready2teachintx

ready2teachintx Companion

Jun 20, 2012

Go with your heart. If you interview at the first school and it "feels" right, then go with it. Good Luck:up:

5. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jun 20, 2012

Worst case scenario, put your house up for rent for a year and see how it goes. Fingers and toes are crossed on your behalf!

6. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jun 20, 2012

Good luck!!!

7. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jun 20, 2012

My house is in North Carolina, and I will be in Michigan. I am definitely not comfortable renting my house since I have 0 family here and most of my colleagues are 45 minutes away.
    I will be staying with my parents until my house sells. Hopefully, this will be a quick process :whistle:

(I'm not even moving my stuff until it sells- just my clothes and classroom. No sense in storing it all in MI when I would have an empty house in NC. Plus, I can stage it this way)

8. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jun 20, 2012

Very exciting! I hope you get some good news!