Update on interview (s)

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by giraffe326, Jun 20, 2012.

  1. giraffe326

    giraffe326 Virtuoso

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2006
    Messages:
    7,075
    Likes Received:
    15

    Jun 20, 2012

    Hey all :)
    I had a phone interview on Monday. This was the school I was super nervous about due to the distance. It is an hour and a half away from where I will be staying. I cannot move closer until my house sells in NC. However, they have contacted my principal (I'm not sure about any other references). So I guess things are looking good! They did tell my current P they won't make the decision until they meet me. I will be in town for another interview on Monday, so hopefully they will wait until then. They did know that Monday was the soonest I would be in town.

    This coming Monday's interview is about an hour from where I will be staying. This school has already contact my principal via email, so I think they must be pretty serious about me as well! Plus, a district 20 minutes away will be contacting for interviews by the end of the week. Of course, they may not even call me.

    Basically, I am getting nervous that I will be offered a job from the first school, and later get an opportunity closer to home. If it were not for the commute, I would have zero hesitation. It is the grade I want to teach (2nd) and it seems like a good, small town school (which I also love!).

    I just wanted to share because I just found out that the first school called my P and I am excited!
     
  2.  
  3. mopar

    mopar Multitudinous

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2010
    Messages:
    10,924
    Likes Received:
    0

    Jun 20, 2012

    How exciting!

    Just a thought, but a team member may be willing to let you crash with them occasionally during the week.
     
  4. ready2teachintx

    ready2teachintx Companion

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2007
    Messages:
    168
    Likes Received:
    0

    Jun 20, 2012

    Go with your heart. If you interview at the first school and it "feels" right, then go with it. Good Luck:up:
     
  5. catnfiddle

    catnfiddle Moderator

    Joined:
    May 8, 2008
    Messages:
    8,555
    Likes Received:
    1,665

    Jun 20, 2012

    Worst case scenario, put your house up for rent for a year and see how it goes. Fingers and toes are crossed on your behalf!
     
  6. leighbball

    leighbball Virtuoso

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2005
    Messages:
    7,507
    Likes Received:
    3

    Jun 20, 2012

    Good luck!!!
     
  7. giraffe326

    giraffe326 Virtuoso

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2006
    Messages:
    7,075
    Likes Received:
    15

    Jun 20, 2012

    My house is in North Carolina, and I will be in Michigan. I am definitely not comfortable renting my house since I have 0 family here and most of my colleagues are 45 minutes away.
    I will be staying with my parents until my house sells. Hopefully, this will be a quick process :whistle:

    (I'm not even moving my stuff until it sells- just my clothes and classroom. No sense in storing it all in MI when I would have an empty house in NC. Plus, I can stage it this way)
     
  8. FarFromHome

    FarFromHome Connoisseur

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2007
    Messages:
    1,857
    Likes Received:
    2

    Jun 20, 2012

    Very exciting! I hope you get some good news!
     

Share This Page

Members Online Now

  1. Colliemom
Total: 228 (members: 2, guests: 190, robots: 36)
test