Update- meeting with the Superintendent

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Mrs.Gould, May 24, 2007.

1. Mrs.Gould

Mrs.Gould Comrade

May 24, 2007

I had my "meeting" (or 2nd interview) with the Superintendent last night. I felt it went really well. We actually pulled in the parking lot at the same time so we started chatting right away and started off on a good note. She asked a few questions - MUCH easier than the interview committee asked! Then explained that there had been 135 applicants, 20 first interviews and now she is meeting with the "top group" for the 4 open positions and didn't say how many were in the top group. She said she hopes to make a decision by the first week in June. I know all districts (and states) are different, but how many of you know of the schools where the Superintendent makes the final decision? I would think that the principal and teachers I would be working with would make that decision since it affects them directly. Some people have told me that I really have already been chosen for one of the positions and that this is just a "screening" to be sure that the Super. thinks I would be a good fit to the district. I don't want to get my hopes up by thinking that though! Have any of you gone through a similar experience? The wait is going to be the death of me!:p

3. cheeryteacher

cheeryteacher Enthusiast

May 24, 2007

Once I had to interview with the superintendent, it was pretty laid back too. Just as in your case, I already had the job (I didn't know that at the time) and he was just doing a little screening interview. Maybe its written in their bylaws that new teacher candidates have to be interviewed by the super.
    I know of one teacher that had to interview with the super and although the principal wanted her and highly recommended her, she didn't get the job.
    One school district in the area doesn't go through the super at all. The principal recommends the new teachers.
    I guess it's just different for every school corp.

4. Research_Parent

Research_Parent Cohort

May 24, 2007

Some places use interviewing with the superintendent to replace the formal approval by a school/district board.
    These types of interviews are more popular in districts with unions.