Unqualified Teacher Pay

Discussion in 'Secondary Education' started by Bethanyjayne99, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Bethanyjayne99

Bethanyjayne99 New Member

Jul 13, 2019

Hi everyone,
    Come September 2020 I will officially begin my teaching journey as an unqualified secondary education mathematics teacher.
    I am aware of the unqualified teacher pay scale, but I wondered if people had any thoughts on the band I could suggest or aim for?
    I have experience within 3 different mainstream schools over 4 working with all year groups in secondary school, placements within special needs schools and currently working with an autism charity.
    I have organised 2 weeks in a primary school to get a feel of the differences and how students are taught there compared to secondary, and am in the process of sorting out some more 2 week placements at special needs schools (such as schools for visually impaired students or students with communication difficulties, and maybe a dyslexia school). I will also be undergoing a BSL module in my final year of uni (studying mathematics with a predicted first-class degree).
    Any guidance would be much appreciated

3. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Aficionado

Jul 13, 2019

To public school districts, unqualified = non-credentialied and untrained (no student teaching, mo professional development)

4. Bethanyjayne99

Jul 13, 2019

I currently work with a scheme related to the government and department for education for maths and physics teachers.
    Throughout our university years we visit a teaching school and produce lessons, have presentations from different members of staff, and develop skills as a teacher. Any school I do my unqualified year with will be aware of this scheme and has to agree to partner to it - as a result they should be aware of some of the experience I have as a teacher already.

5. bella84

bella84 Aficionado

Jul 13, 2019

It sounds like you might be in a country other than the US, as some of the vocabulary you've used doesn't sound typical. What country are you in?

futuremathsprof likes this.
  6. Bethanyjayne99

Jul 13, 2019

UK - I will be applying to schools in england.