United Streaming

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by KLSSwimmer, Sep 20, 2009.

1. KLSSwimmer

KLSSwimmer Habitué

Sep 20, 2009

Does anyone use United Streaming in kindergarten? What are your favorite things to use? I have a username/password now, but I would like to know what others are using United Streaming for in their classroom.

Thanks!

3. spunkyteacher

spunkyteacher Rookie

Sep 20, 2009

My kids love Wilbur, Peep, and Magic School Bus. They make a lot of science connections.

4. Lynnnn725

Lynnnn725 Connoisseur

Sep 20, 2009

first grade here - but kinder and first at my school use it mainly for science. We usually watch something on the tv using united streaming that has to do with what we're studying in science. We watch it once a week.

Also, we watch it during "late bus" bus duty. We watch Arthur as we wait the 25 mins for the second run.

5. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Sep 21, 2009

They have a lot of stories animated like Miss Nelson and Chrysanthemum. I like it for science and social studies - factories, dairies, things they never get to see in real life. This summer I used Jeff Corwin a lot, the kids really got a kick out of learning about the animals .

6. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Sep 21, 2009

I use it the most for science and social studies as well. I love Magic School Bus the best and one of my kids last year always wondered why those kids were always learning what WE were learning ;)