Unique Valentine's day activities??

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by cml88, Feb 4, 2012.

1. cml88

cml88 Companion

Feb 4, 2012

Next week we are doing a Valentine's unit in my classroom---now I know there are TONS of ideas online for art projects & math/literacy....but I also wanted to ask you guys on here...What are some of your FAVORITE activites you do during a v-day unit or on actual valentine's day?? These can include art projects, games, math/ literacy activities, and songs...Thanks so much!

3. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Feb 4, 2012

To tie in with "I Love to Read" month, we are writing valentines to our favourite books.

4. abcme

abcme Rookie

Feb 8, 2012

I just found some cute ideas on Pinterest. Thumbprint heart bouquets (Thumb-body Loves You), Melted crayon hearts (You Color My World), and puzzle piece frame (I love you to pieces!). I just sent a project home that was their handprint cut out on manilla paper to look like their skin and folded the 2 middle fingers down so it forms the i love you sign in sign language.

5. Audria007

Audria007 Rookie

Feb 9, 2012

ask the kids what they think love means and write what they say on a cutout heart...some of the replies may be hilarious others the sweetest things you have ever heard

6. TeacherGrl7

TeacherGrl7 Devotee

Feb 16, 2012

Audria, I just had to come thank you for this idea. I spotted this the day before Valentine's Day and decided to incorporate it into my centers on a whim. When they sat down to decorate the bags that they would take their cards home in, I asked them the question and wrote their answer on a heart that I then taped to their bag. I got some wonderful responses!

"Love means snuggling with someone."
    "Love means you have a friend and you really like them and you hang out with them so much."
    "Love means you like to kiss someone."
    "Love means someone that buys me things." (HA!)

And my personal favorite.... "Love means you want someone to stay alive forever."

Thank you SO SO much for this idea!!!! I'll be doing this every year!

7. Maria121

Maria121 New Member

Apr 25, 2012

Audria your idea was superb on valentine day about asking to kids that what is heart or love and than their cute replies. And now as far as I think you can also enjoy this moment by going somewhere outside (kind of romantic palace ) for a walk with your partner and enjoy this by gifting each other and sharing your feelings.