Unexpected pat on the back...sort of

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by msrosie, Aug 15, 2014.

1. msrosie

msrosie Rookie

Aug 15, 2014

I had an interview for a para position the other day, I've had better - I was weirdly off my game even though I'd prepared the night before and on the drive over.

Not the point though. The principal sort of complimented me on putting my IEIN number on my resume.

I'd spent most of the summer wondering just how I should show proof of licensure since most ads still ask for a copy of it even though when IL switched to PEL they stopped giving you paper copies - or am I just inexperienced and don't know what I'm talking about?

Anyway, just a couple of weeks ago, I started putting my IEIN number and PEL number on my resume so that Ps could look me up easily and apparently it was the right choice! Now I wish I'd done it sooner!

3. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Aug 15, 2014

Smart decision, it helps them verify you and makes their job easier. Good first impression.

4. Bunnie

Bunnie Devotee

Aug 15, 2014

Absolutely. They don't have to play the guessing game to see if you are certified and waste interviewing people who aren't.

5. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Aug 15, 2014

I've always put my license number on my resume. I thought it was standard!

(Michigan no longer mails you a license, either, but you can go online and print it.)

6. msrosie

msrosie Rookie

Aug 15, 2014

If it's standard here, it's definitely not advice I've ever gotten from the career services department at either of the schools I've attended. Not even from the people who were supposed to be experienced in education hiring.

I'll check in to see if you can print it in IL, I'm not sure.

7. chitown

chitown Companion

Aug 15, 2014

I'm in IL also, I put my IEIN on my resume because I saw it on a sample and thought it was a good idea. I took a screenshot of my PEL and printed it. I don't know of any other way to do it, but if you find one, please share! I think the screenshot looks a bit weird but it worked for the last school I worked for.