Unemployed

Discussion in 'General Education' started by demijasmom, Jun 15, 2010.

1. demijasmom

demijasmom Companion

Jun 15, 2010

Yesterday was the last day of school and my contract wasn't renewed for the 2010-2011 school year. I'm sad because I don't have a job or may not have a job in the fall but I wont have to worry about the lack of support from the admin., the lack of communication and being blamed for the students behavior. When one door closes another one opens...eventually.God will place me where I am needed and appreciated.

I'm completed over charter schools especially in Ohio.

3. ecsmom

ecsmom Habitué

Jun 15, 2010

I don't think I couls work for a charte school I'm sure you will find the right job.

4. cityfrog6

cityfrog6 Comrade

Jun 15, 2010

Charter schools are tough. I spent the last two years at one and finally had to say enough was enough. Good luck in your search! It's tough but don't let yourself get down. That's what I'm working on right now. It can get you down pretty quickly if you let it.

5. Teacher Chele

Teacher Chele Habitué

Jun 15, 2010

Try not to get down over this. I know that easy for me to say though. Keep praying about this. God is in control.

6. mustang sally

mustang sally Rookie

Jun 15, 2010

In the same boat with you, except I taught at a public school for the last 3 years. There are virtually no jobs available here in Ga. Dept. of Labor is holding all kinds of workshops for displaced teachers. It has even been mentioned we may have opportunities to get training in other careers. This is not what I want though! I love teaching and I love the kids! My heart is just broken right now. I can't even enjoy my summer off because I'm so afraid it's gonna be my last one ever! I'm so ready for God to open that other door....

7. demijasmom

demijasmom Companion

Jun 17, 2010

I don't feel down, though I am sad that I don't have a job, but not sad over the fact that my contract wasn't renewed. I would like to thank the P, for getting me out of that hell whole with those hell raisers. I know God has a better plan in store for me.

8. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Jun 17, 2010

Demi - are you presently looking for another position?

9. demijasmom

demijasmom Companion

Jun 17, 2010

Yes everyday since school has been out that's all i've been doing.

10. jessie81

jessie81 New Member

Jun 17, 2010

I know what your going through... only i'm a new teacher and having a heck of a time finding a full time job. 6 years in fact... and over 300 job applications for teaching.

I know that teaching elementary students is what God has called me to do... I have not had my "own classroom" but God hasn't failed yet to give me a class of 20 kids to work with. I've spent the last 6 years growing in experience as a para and a substitute, and going back to college earning my teaching masters.

Good luck on your job searching... this is a tough year.