Ummm, did anyone else get the new VP sales flash? I think I'll just hide in a closet

Discussion in 'General Education' started by pwhatley, Jul 7, 2008.

1. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

3. MS Candy

MS Candy Comrade

Jul 7, 2008

Oh yes, it greeted me this morning!
    I have to file it though, need to get to Wal Mart....

4. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jul 7, 2008

I did.... I have been waiting for a better sale w/ the brochures included. I made brochures to pass out on back to school night. Do not know what else to make though.

Anyone have any ideas???

5. Missy99

Missy99 Connoisseur

Jul 7, 2008

I got it but passed. I am still mad because I was trying to order from the last one (the one with the FREE wall calendar) and even though I did all the tricks it still kept charging me for the calendar. So I am not speaking to VP right now :)

6. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 7, 2008

I absolutely LOVE the business card magnets & business cards that I made with my classroom rules. They are exactly alike! The only problem is that the bus. card magnets aren't on sale this time.... I also like the SuperSpeller postcard. Just my 2 favorites....

7. shasha379

shasha379 Devotee

Jul 7, 2008

I could use the car magnet to put in front to my desk, but like Ms Candy I really need to save for Wal-Mart.

8. Andrea L

Andrea L Habitué

Jul 7, 2008

I deleted it without even opening it. I'm so proud of myself. I have tons of things I need to purchase at Walmart too.

9. monsieurteacher

monsieurteacher Aficionado

Jul 7, 2008

I hate to be a jerk... but is it possible to keep all the VP stuff in one thread? I think it's wonderful that y'all are so excited about it... it would just be nice to contain your excitement to one thread.

Thank you :)

10. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Jul 7, 2008

Why??? :confused: There are lots of repeat threads on similar subjects like BB & MOOSE folders (I don't even know or care to know what that is) that I have absolutely no interest in. I simply don't read them

11. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Jul 7, 2008

I did! I succumbed. *hangs head in shame*

I got the postcards. I'm going to mail them home to parents of students who just need a little extra pat on the back.

12. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jul 7, 2008

The threads keep being closed due to their popularity... I am sure that is why new ones are started.

13. katenar

katenar Cohort

Jul 7, 2008

Ohhhh....good idea. Can you show us what your brochures look like?

14. Andrea L

Andrea L Habitué

Jul 7, 2008

I just received my first order in the mail today. NOw I'm anxiously awaiting the next one. It only took 9 days (factoring in the holiday too).

15. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jul 7, 2008

Sure... let me change a few things to protect the innocent & I will post it on my flickr account. Will be back with a link :)

16. MsMaggs

MsMaggs Comrade

Jul 7, 2008

On JEM's website she's got links to all of the VistaPrint ads and the last one (Free inventory sale) includes the brochures if that's what you're waiting for.
    http://realclassroomideas.com/203.html

17. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Jul 7, 2008

It took me a while to come up with great vistaprint creations for my high schoolers. I thought I would post my ideas in case any other high school teachers are interested. I would really love for other high school teachers to post their uses for vistaprint.

[​IMG]

If you click on the postcard it will take you to webshots to view all the rest of my creations :)

18. hdavidson

hdavidson Companion

Jul 7, 2008

did I miss the link????
    anxious to see the brochure:)

19. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Jul 7, 2008

I made a no homework pass to hand out when they make good grades...or something...lol.

I made postcards that had Biology study tips on the front (thanks to lemonhead's idea)...and on the back space for names and numbers of study buddies.

I made stamps...random things.

And many things I didn't need to make...but did anyway...for myself ;)

20. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jul 7, 2008

21. ancientcivteach

ancientcivteach Habitué

Jul 7, 2008

I'd love to see some samples of brochures folks have made . . . they look so beautiful and I have no idea what I'd put on them . . .

22. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jul 7, 2008

I am hoping that it will answer some of the questions parents have (even after I explain it at back to school night, and parent teacher night, and every other night I see them). Hoping getting them on paper will help.

23. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Jul 7, 2008

I want to make one...but I have no idea what to include on them. I won't have my own room...I don't know my email address for school...or the school number with extension.

24. katenar

katenar Cohort

Jul 7, 2008

So this year I am doing Typing Camp with my kids (idea courtesy of Mrs. Newingham). I already have the t-shirts planned and the resources and found some games online for the kids to practice while they are at home. But what I want are some things I can make (with VistaPrint) for Total WPM or top typer......something....anything.

My brain is fried but I know you guys will help me with ideas. :lol: Thank you.

25. AbbyR

AbbyR Rookie

Jul 7, 2008

Isn't it odd....

I was just about to post ASKING people to post their VP ads, as I don't get them, for some reason, though I have ordered A LOT! Although I haven't ordered this time, I really do appreciate the heads-up.

26. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 7, 2008

Have you signed up with them? If you will look to the bottom-left of the home page, You will see a box that says:

Exclusive Offers Become a VistaPrint Insider to receive exclusive offers and tips.

Followed by a button that says Sign Up. It's free, it doesn't get you on thirty email spam lists. They just automatically send the sales flashes to your email address!

27. AbbyR

AbbyR Rookie

Jul 8, 2008

I've signed up with two different e-mail addresses, and I'm not getting announcements from either of them.

I was particularly pleased with my classroom rules that I put on the smaller car magnets. I got the idea here and I'm looking forward to using them.

I've really had a ball making stuff. I have this thing for office supplies....

28. DaleJr88AmpFan

DaleJr88AmpFan Cohort

Jul 8, 2008

Thanks for reminding me, ladies! I just spent the last two hours designing and looking for ideas for my second (yes, you read that correctly) order in the past two weeks. When the hubby sees the bank statement, he's going to just shake his head. :) Oh, well, that's what he gets for marrying a teacher.

29. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jul 8, 2008

new sale at vistaprint

just got this.... interested because I wanted to make a new flyer w/ my rules and rewards/consequences. Finally will order my brochures I guess.

30. uclalum

uclalum Groupie

Jul 8, 2008

31. eduk8r

eduk8r Enthusiast

Jul 8, 2008

Does anyone else think Amanda should be getting advertising $$$ from Vista Print for this?? :D

I'm serious, though, this is like the 10th thread in the past month or so!! If Vista Print has a survey you ought to tell them you get to hear and talk about it on a to z. JMHO :)

32. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 8, 2008

I actually saw VP listed as a resource for Incredible things you can get for free! in a recent Woman's Day magazine issue! I cant' help it I get excited! I have noticed that there are some (grumpy :) ) people who don't like these threads, but my opinion is that they don't have to read them! I think we all put VP in the titles, don't we?

AbbyR: Check your spam folder. Sometimes email programs/providers think it's spam, but it's not!

33. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Jul 8, 2008

Apparently VistaPrint knows I have a problem and have stopped sending me these emails. I have gotten none lately and not even in my spam!

Maybe they are trying to tell me something. I do have three boxes from them I have yet to open.

34. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 8, 2008

rofl!

35. MelissainGA

MelissainGA Groupie

Jul 8, 2008

Got my first box today :) am sooooo pleased with the quality of the materials. (I had wondered even though everyone had said that they were good). I am still waiting for two more boxes. I was out of town for a couple of days and I had three e-mails from VP when I got home. Each one offering me more free stuff. (I read the headline not the actual things). I am going to wait a couple of more days and then I might order some other things before these offers expire.

Thank you oh VP guru for introducing me to the joy that is receiving a VP box (<<< poking Pwhatley... this comment is for you)

Where those people who don't want to read all the Vista threads are concerned... do like I do everything that I don't want to read... skip it.
    If there isn't something in the title that I am interested in reading then I don't open the thread. No harm, no foul.

36. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 8, 2008

exactly my thoughts, Melissa! Guru, I am not; Addict and enabler, well, that's a different story, LOL! I have just about decided to wait on any more VP orders until I know what grade & school will house the class I will be teaching in the fall. I think I've just about gotten everything I can that isn't grade or school specific!

37. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Jul 8, 2008

I KNEW this would happen! I haven't opened my boxes because I didn't want to order anything else. Well, I just opened them and love the car magnet. It is so big! and so are the large postcards.

Well, back to ordering more. Just one (or two) more. I am so disappointed in myself. Sitting on the coach, eating ice cream, watching a show about child brides, and ordering VistaPrint.

I am beyond pathetic. :(

38. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Jul 8, 2008

Can I get the frog that has one eye staring at you on a magnet? It doesn't offer it.

39. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 8, 2008

Have you searched for the image (while "creating" your own magnet?)

40. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Jul 8, 2008

I typed in frog and nothing showed up. I guess it won't go on a car magnet. Too bad