Ugly Christmas Sweater Day

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Daisie, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Daisie

Daisie Rookie

Dec 21, 2010

Hey everybody!!

Tomorrow's the second last day of school before the holidays:D, and as a sort of "spirit day", everyone's dressing up in ugly Christmas sweatersg (staff included- I already have mine set to go; it lights up and everything :rolleyes:).

I'm just wondering if there are any places I can get really cheap, really ugly sweaters in case some of the kids forget to bring one/can't find one. One of the things I was thinking of doing was getting some craft supplies and having the students decorate an ugly sweater if they don't bring one of their own. We're not teaching any new material for the rest of the week since so many people have already left on vacation, so we can give class time for decorating. Just wondering what your opinions/suggestions are.

Have a great day!:)

I

3. midwestteacher

midwestteacher Cohort

Dec 21, 2010

Check out your local thrift store - they are full of them.

4. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Dec 21, 2010

mine suggestion as well - Goodwill, Salvation Army, are always good bets.

5. terptoteacher

terptoteacher Connoisseur

Dec 21, 2010

You can go to the dollar store and buy some cheap decorations too and the kids can make an ugly sweater....

Word of caution!!! We called it Tacky Sweater Day and when I showed up in what I thought was tacky, a co worker said, "Oh, I have that sweater! I love it! It's so festive!!!" :p

Ugly is in the eye of the beholder eh?:D

6. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Dec 21, 2010

I would try goodwill but if you can't find anything, you could probably get cheap tees or sweatshirts at Michaels or AC Moore and get some pom poms and paint and that kind of thing.

7. GoehringTeaches

GoehringTeaches Comrade

Dec 21, 2010

We had ugly christmas sweater day at school for the teachers. I came in 3rd place with the sweater my mom bought me a few years ago! Don't tell her though! A lot of the teachers simply decorated or made their own. That would be your best bet for your students. Just give them a plain t-shirt or sweatshirt and let them glue on ornaments, fabric, candy canes, anything!

8. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Dec 21, 2010

So funny! :lol:

9. Em_Catz

Em_Catz Devotee

Dec 21, 2010

:rofl:
    That is hilarious! Just for fun, go to google images and type in "ugly obama christmas sweater" and this hideous sweater with our president comes up along with several other, non obama christmas sweaters that put the TACK in TACKY.