Ughhhhhh parents

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by txmomteacher2, May 8, 2014.

1. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

May 8, 2014

Without going into any details about the whole thing. One of my kids was involved in an accident this past Monday. He was slightly brushed by a car driven by a great kid. But now the whole thing has been turned into a huge blown up situation that my own child has been dragged into . My son does not even know my student. My students parents have been after me all year for stupid crap and they figured they could get to me by dragging him into it. Small towns suck! Ughghghghghghghghghghgghghghghghghg I hate parents!

3. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

May 8, 2014

I'm confused. Your son was brushed by a car driven by one of your students?

4. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

May 8, 2014

One of my students was brushed by a car. And the parents dragged my 17 year old into the situation. It's just a mess. My son had nothing to do with it at all!

5. OhThePlaces

OhThePlaces Cohort

May 8, 2014

A kindergarten student was brushed by a car?

6. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

May 8, 2014

Yes kindergarten student brushed by a car. He does have a slight injury nothing life threatening and he only missed one day of school. It seriously has turned into a mess. Mom is on Facebook bad mouthing me and the principal. The aunt is bullying me at pick up. It's crazy!

7. AdamnJakesMommy

AdamnJakesMommy Habitué

May 8, 2014

What do you even have to do with it??? :eek:

8. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

May 8, 2014

I'm not sure how my family got involved in the whole thing other than the mom has had it in for me since the beginning of the year. We do live in a fairly small town. Somehow my son was seen talking to the person who was driving the car ( days later ) and they assumed he was talking about the incident. And it's just a mess.

9. a2z

a2z Virtuoso

May 8, 2014

The driver wasn't your child, was it? Or a friend of your child? Did you tell your 17 year old of the incident and he said something to someone?

Were you supposed to be watching the child at dismissal? How did he manage to get hit?

10. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

May 8, 2014

My son was not the driver, he is just a friend of the driver. Nope didn't tell my son about anything and it's public knowledge anyway. Although it did happen on school property, it didn't happen at my school. The public is allowed to use the high school property for things like t-ball practices. It happened after t-ball practice on Monday evening.

11. a2z

a2z Virtuoso

May 8, 2014

I'm sorry the parent is being a pain. Interesting assumption that your son was talking about the incident. However, it might not be surprising if your son was talking about the incident because I'm sure his friend is upset. I can guarantee that would be the talk of the town if it happened here.

Now I see the connections. Thanks for clearing it up.

12. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

May 8, 2014

Well I'm in mama bear mode because my son has absolutely nothing to do with this. And actually neither do I. I wasn't there. I didn't even know the kid was playing t-ball. We didn't put it on Facebook, the mom did.

13. AdamnJakesMommy

AdamnJakesMommy Habitué

May 8, 2014

I see the connections as well, but still--you had nothing REMOTELY to do with it, she has no business bad-mouthing you on facebook. That would irritate me to. And you are totally defenseless, she knows you can't say anything back or about her without putting yourself in a precarious position. Sounds like a bully to me.

Ignore her, don't feed the troll :) That's what gets rid of them!

14. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

May 8, 2014

Oh I know! I'm sorry if that came across as me against you. I just meant I can see her being upset, but that she's wasting her energy being mad at the wrong people. Was this during school hours? I assume no, in which case it's even worse that mom would involve you.

15. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

May 8, 2014

Definitely talk with your P and, if you have one, your union rep. If this goes much further, you have ground for defamation of character against the mother and the aunt.

16. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

May 8, 2014

I have spoken with my principal, she is 100% behind me and knows this family well. When she came in at lunch to talk to me about it her first words were I don't even believe the mom. So I'm not worried about anything, it's just annoying and frustrating. To be honest I could careless what this family says about me. It's the fact that they would drag my son into the situation. I'm a good teacher, I'm well liked by many parents and hated by better people than this family. They can talk about me all they want just don't bring my kids into it.

17. gr3teacher

gr3teacher Phenom

May 8, 2014

I'd ask your principal if there was any way she could facilitate a meeting between you and the mother, where she basically lays that out (be frustrated, be upset, but stop the inappropriate talk)? There probably isn't much that could be done, either legally or from the school standpoint, but at the very least, you could probably have her son removed from your classroom as having him there creates a hostile workplace for you.

18. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

May 8, 2014

We only have about three weeks left. I will not sit down with this woman even if my principal would. I will not discuss anything but her sons education which she doesn't seem to care about because we just had an ARD for him less than a month ago and did she bother to come.

19. teach1

teach1 Companion

May 8, 2014

I'm confused about one thing: who was supposed to be watching the kindergarten student when he got hit? The t-ball coach?

Parking lots are dangerous places. Especially high school parking lots that are filled with inexperienced drivers. Since I don't know more details, I can't give an opinion as to what the 17 year old driver was doing and how wrong he was. Regardless, I feel like this "mama bear" (not a fan of that term) should be focused on who was supposed to be watching him, and NOT you or your son.

Sorry you are going through this.

20. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

May 8, 2014

The dad of my student admitted that him and mom should have been watching him better. The student that hit him is really a super great kid. Super smart, very well brought up, honor student, very responsible. It is what it is an, accident. The mom and her family is the one blowing it all out of proportion. Saying things that never happened, saying that other people were involved who weren't. It's just crazy!

Btw the accident was actually on the schools video cameras. The police have watched it. They know the driver wasn't speeding, they know that my son wasn't there.

21. MissKite

MissKite New Member

May 9, 2014

You can sue for defamation of character and since people so often believe gossip it can hurt you so you can also sue for emotional distress. In this case you might want to mention Libel. We should not tolerate liars anymore and those who feed the liars are just as bad.

22. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

May 9, 2014

It might be enough for you to just have a lawyer send a letter to the nasty people threatening those things the previous poster mentioned. That might get them off your back.
    Also, maybe you can get the P to ban the aunt from school because she is threatening you.

Alternatively, your other choice is to hold your heads high (you and your son) and completely ignore everything until it blows over.

23. teach1

teach1 Companion

May 9, 2014

Sounds like it was the parents who messed up! This woman sounds unreasonable and like the type of person I avoid whenever possible :dizzy: