Ugh.

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Exclaimation Po, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Exclaimation Po

Exclaimation Po Habitué

Aug 19, 2009

:( I'm just starting to feel a tad of depression about not having a job for this school year. I've been really positive all summer. I still believe I will get a job, but my confidence is wavering.

I'm also starting to feel really jealous of anyone with a job or having interviews. That's not a happy-fun feeling. Envy is not an emotion I wear comfortably.

Also, I ventured out of JobSeekers and saw happy, excited post topics. I don't think I'll be doing that again.

I really should just take a break and work on a wedding scrapbook that is late (my nephew - last year!). I'm just not feeling creative.

*sigh* :huh:

3. bet3

bet3 Companion

Aug 19, 2009

I know exactly what you mean. It's not a pleasant feeling, is it? We just have to believe that our time will come and we will have our own classroom.

4. Exclaimation Po

Exclaimation Po Habitué

Aug 19, 2009

What sucks is that I've already had my own classroom. I was let go after my first year, worked in another district for 2 and was let go again.

I know in my heart that I will get a job. My head isn't so believing!

5. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Aug 19, 2009

I'm sorry, ExPo.

6. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 19, 2009

:hugs: ExPo.

7. Exclaimation Po

Exclaimation Po Habitué

Aug 19, 2009

Thanks everyone!

8. brandy

brandy Rookie

Aug 19, 2009

thanks for letting me know i'm not alone

I'm happy for those who have gotten jobs/interviews and i am sorry that you have not gotten a job, but thank you for writing this post because it does make me feel a little better to know that i am not the only one who feels this way. You took the words right out of my mouth. Again, i am happy for those of you who are getting interviews/jobs but it is also hard to still not experience hearing the phone ring for yourself. I just want to finally move onto a new stage in my life: get settled in my career (new job), then meet a nice guy, be happily married, become a mother, and live happily ever after. I know, 1 step at a time, i just would like to finally move up to 1 step and finally get a new job. Oh well, my only advice, is to try to fake it by smiling as much as you can, it makes it harder to worry when you're smiling. Have a good day everyone.

9. katrinkakat

katrinkakat Connoisseur

Aug 19, 2009

Almost the same experience here, Exclamation Po. In fact, I think we were on the CSET boards at the same time. I worked in my own classroom for two years and am without a classroom so far this year.
    Don't give up hope, there are always last minute hires and hiring once the school year is under way, too! :love:

10. txteach2b

txteach2b Comrade

Aug 19, 2009

Exclaimation Po....Your first post could've come from me, except for looking at other parts of the forum. I've been looking at other parts just to get ideas for when I do get my own class.

Otherwise.....

I ran into one of the parents of a student of mine, and she subs in the school once in a while. She said she was trying to get on at one of the hospitals around here, but she said things kept coming up for her to sub. She said it's God's way of telling her she's not ready to move on.

I was sure glad she said that to me. Maybe this was God's way of telling ME I'm not ready. Maybe I'm not as ready as I thought I was. I can take this year and learn more and get ready. Since I'm not focusing on my schooling anymore, I have more time to focus on getting myself prepared to take the next step towards my own class.

Another person told me to give it all to God and recognize the fact I can't handle all this on my own.....

I was listening to my iPod the other day, and I heard the song "You'll Never Walk Alone". It made me think of A to Z, and how we're all kind of in this together.

We can do it....Yes, we can!! :)

11. fratermus

fratermus Companion

Aug 20, 2009

"I feel your pain."

I am grateful for the sub fallback but as I watch my savings account fall I am starting to doubt myself.

12. BerniceBobs

BerniceBobs Comrade

Aug 20, 2009

I understand how you feel. It's strange, I was more depressed last year at this time than I am now. I naviely thought that once I earned my credential from a well respected univresity, that bingo! I would get a teaching job.
    While I didn't my own classroom last year, I did obtain 3 LTS positions which felt like boot camp for teachers. And I did teach summer school at a local high school. I just know that life sometimes has a way of turning the corner when you're busy making other plans.

13. MATgrad

MATgrad Groupie

Aug 20, 2009

I know how you feel. I felt so certain last year that I would get a teaching position but I didn't. It took another year for me to get one. You're not alone. There are a lot of people looking for work right now.

14. FlGirl

FlGirl Rookie

Aug 20, 2009

I know how you all feel. Sometimes I feel like im trapped too. This year I will be subbing again. But I need a more steady job that brings in the money I have bills to pay. I tell myself that I have to hang in there and not get another job because what it a LTS position opens? or what if the right position opens after school starts? and then if i have a part time job I cant drop off my resume, make it to the interview and I let the perfect position slip through my fingers.
    I drive myself crazy with these what if scenarios.
    Anyone else do that?

15. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Aug 20, 2009

I see threads that say... Look at the pictures of my adorable ROOM!!! and i run in the opposite direction! I'm right there with ya, sister!

16. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Aug 20, 2009

:(:(Sometimes it is ok, not to feel positive and feel uncertain about your future. You just can't let yourself sink into that pit for too long. You are valuable and there is a greater plan out there for you. You just have to keep trying. Your time will come. And it may come when you least expect it. But for a few minutes or even a few hours it is ok to feel badly about the situation. You do have so much to offer and it does seem so gut wrenching to see your friends and other new teachers getting jobs and you are still... "looking". It make you want to shout, "WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME????" Just know that it is a sign of the times and NOT a reflection of who you are and who you will be one day!:):):hugs:

17. Jlyn07

Jlyn07 Comrade

Aug 20, 2009

Thank you for this. I've been having a rough few days and your words really mean a lot. You should start charging for your words of wisdom!