Ugh!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by fratbrats, Aug 6, 2013.

1. fratbrats

fratbrats Comrade

Aug 6, 2013

Okay, I'm feeling so down!:(

I had an interview last Tuesday, and I received an email reponse from that principal commenting on my passion and that I did well. He said that if I was the right fit for the position, I'd be hearing from him soon. The district is closed on Friday's during the summer, but it's now been a week, and nothing.

Yesterday, I went to an interview that I should have "rocked!" It's what I have taught for the past 6 years. It was like the position was written for me! I, however, "tanked" the interview. I walked in and one of the interviewers had a stern look during the entire process. "Open mouth, insert foot."

I brought samples from my classroom and left them with these materials. Last night, I sent them a very professional thank you email. I explained that I let my nerves get the best of me, because I was so enthusiastic for this opportunity. I also explained that I have always been able to effectively articulate my thoughts in staffings, parent conferences, team meetings, and IEP meetings.

On Thursday, I have an even more intense interview for basically an administration position, but if I couldn't even handle yesterday's interview, I'm in trouble.

I am so frustrated! I really wanted a change this year. I haven't officially heard a no, but I'm not very hopeful!

Thanks for listening! :)

3. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Aug 6, 2013

Hugs! You have heard a no yet, so you are not out of the running yet. Keep your chin up and study hard for the next interview. You can do it! :D

4. Rainbowbird

Rainbowbird Groupie

Aug 6, 2013

Aw, hang in there. I know it's hard when you have a grumpy interview team. Even one grouch can make you feel nervous. It can be hard to keep your composure when this person is acting like you did something to ruin their day! Next time you will do better, but I bet you did better than you think. Keep us posted!

5. fratbrats

fratbrats Comrade

Aug 7, 2013

Thanks so much for your encouragement! Well, one of my references called me and said that she was called on my behalf for my most recent interview today!

So, fingers crossed that everything works out! I found out that HR is the one that has to contact me, so that could delay knowing just a little longer.

I still have the other interview tomorrow at 10:00. I was hoping that I could "land" either of the other two positions, so I could cancel this one! I know it's one that they will "grill me!"

6. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 7, 2013

Crossing my fingers for you frat!1

7. fratbrats

fratbrats Comrade

Aug 8, 2013

I had my last interview today! I was hoping to get out of it, since I feel a little under qualified, but it actually went quite well. Human Resources is closed tomorrow, so they'll be no new updates until then. Fingers crossed! :)

8. fratbrats

fratbrats Comrade

Aug 9, 2013

Well, my story has a happy ending. The interview that I thought that I "tanked" ended up being the position that they offered me! Wow! Who knew?!?

I will no longer serve our Special Education students. I will be a Behavior Intervention Teacher that serves our 5 intermediate campuses (5th and 6th grade). The best part is that I will be housed at my current campus! So, I will still see my 6th grade students and will be able to support them in any way that I can and their new teacher.

Thanks for the support and encouragement that you gave me! :)