UGGG nothing is going right!

Discussion in 'Prayer Request Forum' started by mommyre, Jul 31, 2008.

1. mommyre

mommyre Comrade

Jul 31, 2008

I am so frustrated. I will try not to be too gross! I hurt my ankle at the gym a few weeks ago, and last week I had to see an ortho a few cities away. On my way home I got a terrible pain in my stomach. I was having cramps on the right side near my ovary.

My annual physical was scheduled for today, so I dealt with it until today. When I got to the Dr. office this morning, I started spotting. So I explained the situation to her, and during the exam she found a large cyst that was bleeding. I now have to go for an internal ultrasound, woohoo just what I wanted. I have endometriosis already and have had surgery for it before. She said that if the cyst does not go away I may have to have surgery again.

I am most frustrated because I got my first job teaching and do not want to ask for time off. She did say that we could try to wait until winter break so that I don't even have to let them know if I do not want to! I already have a follow up for the ortho about my ankle, which I have to take 1/2 a day for, which makes me feel crappy, if I have to turn around and tell them about this they are gonna think I am a hypochondriac or sickly or something else!!! :mad:

3. etcetera83

etcetera83 Cohort

Jul 31, 2008

Prayers for you and your health.

4. jw13

jw13 Groupie

Jul 31, 2008

I will pray that you ankle heals and that you are able to treat your cyst in a timely manner. I will also pray that your school understands your circumstances.

5. brandi0718

brandi0718 Comrade

Jul 31, 2008

The cyst hurt bad!! I have been getting them a lot lately...I will be praying for you.

6. TeacherMJ

TeacherMJ Comrade

Jul 31, 2008

Ouch! Good luck with all of these health problems... And don't worry about taking time off, the school will understand. At the most they will be disappointed you are not the superstar teacher there teaching on those days :)

7. mommyre

mommyre Comrade

Jul 31, 2008

Thanks to all... I am waiting to hear back from Dr. now. I got out of the radiology office late, so maybe they will call tomorrow!

8. teacherSMK

teacherSMK Habitué

Jul 31, 2008

you are in my prayers! (I had endo and had to go through multiple surgeries...my school understood! Good luck!)

9. fuzzybunnie

fuzzybunnie Rookie

Aug 1, 2008

Best of luck, my prayers go with you. You may be surprised by a supportive reaction to your situation. It is in the school's best interest that you stay healthy, and I think most principals realize that! I had back problems this year and my boss kept telling me to go home and get better, and I finally did and it really helped.

10. ILikeEnglish

ILikeEnglish Rookie

Aug 1, 2008

Hang in there, mommyre. We will all keep you in our prayers. It will be ok! Take good care of you.

11. uclalum

uclalum Groupie

Aug 1, 2008

I am praying that the cyst will go away on it's own and that you will not have to take time off work.

12. alilisa

alilisa Habitué

Aug 1, 2008

I am praying that everything will work out fine! Your school might surprise you! I have endo and cysts and have had to have surgery more than once. The schools I have been in have always been super supportive!
    Let us know how you are doing!! :)

13. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Aug 1, 2008

I will be praying that everything turns out ok.

14. mommyre

mommyre Comrade

Aug 1, 2008

Today has been crazy! I did get a call from the Dr. today that the cyst appears to have resolved itself according to the ultrasound. I am still having pain and Dr. said that may last a day or two longer due to being poked and prodded most of the day yesterday. If not I am to follow up! Thanks for the prayers!

15. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 1, 2008

That's great news.

16. brandi0718

brandi0718 Comrade

Aug 2, 2008

Yay! I am so happy that the cyst has gone away....I hope the pain goes away soon.

17. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 2, 2008

Great news!