Ug sinuses and allergies

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by silverspoon65, May 21, 2009.

1. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

May 21, 2009

My sinuses are soooo bad today that my nose feels like a rock sitting on the roof of my mouth. It is so bad I have had vertigo all afternoon. I really want to take a hot shower because that usually helps but I am seriously afraid I will fall in the shower. I am that dizzy. :dizzy:

3. 1stesl

1stesl Rookie

May 21, 2009

I know what you mean. I'm allergic to so many things, and right now it all seems to be in full force. The mowed the grass outside my classroom window the other day, and it almost did me in!

4. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

May 21, 2009

Are you taking anything?

5. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

May 21, 2009

I started getting allergy shots about 9 months ago. My allergies are almost nonexistent this year. I have to take a pill here and there, but other than that I am great!

6. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

May 21, 2009

I haven't been diagnosed so I don't take anything yet. I have only had problems with allergies the past couple years, and never anything bad like this. But it looks like I am probably allergic to tree pollen, which is rampant here.

Shower helped a little!

7. sue35

sue35 Habitué

May 21, 2009

I know exactly how you feel as I have been out all week with a sinus infection/lung infection. Have you gotten a Netti Pot? If you haven't RUN to the store to get one. It is the only relief I get. It might take awhile to work but when it does it is the best feeling in the world.

When I was driving yesterday I had to pull over because I was so dizzy. Not really dizzy but more that I all of a sudden had no depth perception. It was a very strange feeling. Is that what vertigo is and can it be caused by sinuses?

8. becky

becky Enthusiast

May 21, 2009

Jeannie is still suffering, too.

9. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

May 21, 2009

I just saw a netti pot on oprah the other day. Might have to try that.

That is basically what happened to me. Vertigo can definitely be caused by sinus problems. Also as your sinuses drain, the fluid can go into your ears, which can also effect vertigo.

10. Dzenna

Dzenna Groupie

May 21, 2009

I had undiagnosed allergies for years. I had what I thought was a cold every December and a dry cough in Feb/March. I even had chest x-rays for the cough. I also had lots of headaches and sinus infections. In 2001, my new doctor diagnosed my allergies. I have 2 nose sprays that I use as needed: Astelin and Nasacort. My life has changed drastically. I use them when I start to feel "stuffy". I will also take a Claratin D. See a doctor. He/she can help you manage the allergies. Don't suffer for as long as I did.

11. Blue

Blue Aficionado

May 21, 2009

I have never had allergies as bad as this year. I have a constant head ache and my sinuses hurt. Guess I will have to see the doctor. I sure don't need to take another med, as I take so many now.

12. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

May 22, 2009

Silverspoons. Get to the store and get some Zertec (sp) or some Clariton D. Clariton doesn't work for me but Zertec does.

For itchy eyes, you can get Zatidor over the counter now and it works wonderfully. Walgreens has a generic.

13. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

May 22, 2009

I went to the med center today and I have a sinus infection and my ears are swollen, hence the dizziness. SO I am on antibiotics. Greatttt.

14. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

May 22, 2009

Awww- I hope you feel better soon, Silverspoon!

15. sue35

sue35 Habitué

May 22, 2009

I hope you feel better and you can rest for the long weekend!