Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Wrathgara, May 13, 2013.
May 13, 2013
Has anyone ever received two offers and have to decide between two schools?
How did that work?
Pick the one you like more.
Sorry I know that sounds obvious but I don't understand what your asking. Is there something further complicating this issue?
Ha ha , nice! Yes, sorry i should have clarified. Does HR contact you with both offers at the same time? Someone told me that they do and was wondering if there was any truth to that. Do districts wait until you go to all your interviews before they offer you a position? (hope that clarifies the question)
Are you asking about two offers from the same district?
Yeah that's better!
I'm not sure what would happen if you were offered two jobs within the same district. When I got my job the principle called me herself not any kind of HR person. All states are different though but I would imagine you would be offered the job at two different times.
I hope your lucky enough to be offered two jobs! Good luck.
Thanks!! I'm def. finding out how different districts are. I def. know that HR calls in my district. I was speaking with a teacher who interviewed for two separate job and HR called her with two offers which she had to pick from. My graduating class was offered jobs separately where she had to decide but did not apply in my district.
Did your district give you a time window or an opportunity to sleep on it before applying?
Yes, I am !!
I guess that makes sense that the HR wold have to let you choose between the two offers. I guess the principles would then just recommend the next person they liked to be asked.
My situation was a little strange. I got my job offer back in March. I went on a panel interview and the principle called me about an hour after I left asking if I wanted the job. Then I had to wait a week to hear if I was approved by the school board. After that the principle called me back and told me I was approved. I just got my contract in the mail today because the district just sent them out to all teachers(the other teachers signed theirs at school).
Yup, I received multiple offers and picked the school that I felt that I was a better fit in and had the most supportive admin. I also wanted to be close to my parents, so that was a factor as well. I haven't received multiple offers from the same district, but I would choose the school that you feel is the best fit and the position you prefer the most.
Thanks for your time, I appreciate the input!
I've never received multiple offers from the same district, but I have received multiple offers in a summer and had to choose. I agree to go with the one that you think is the best fit for you and a grade level you could see yourself enjoying. Good luck!
I've received multiple offers. They were all from the same district (it's statewide here), but the individual principals called me. I had one offer on a Friday, one Monday night, and a third on a Tuesday morning. I ended up choosing the job I was offered on Tuesday. They were all only about 10 minutes away from each other, so I chose based on the grade level that was offered and the community/type of student population.
Nice, so when you get offered a job, you didn't accept it them right away right?
No. I asked the first school for more time to think about it because I knew I didn't really want to work in that area (I read about a teacher getting attacked before school). But I didn't want to end up without a job either! They said they would give me until Monday, but didn't seem very happy about it.
Both of my other interviews were on Monday. I told them about my other offer. I apologized for rushing them, but said that I would need to know right away if I was being considered for the job. One called me that same day and the other one called with an offer the next morning.
I didn't accept either of those offers right away also. I had to wait because my top choice was not a solid offer-it was contingent on a teacher getting her resignation paperwork turned in. I ended up taking it anyway (for several different reasons), and luckily the teacher turned in her paperwork the next day.
Wow , fabulous story, thank you so much ! Ill def. be doing something similar. This is exactly the type of experience I was hoping to see!!
May 14, 2013
I do want to add though...if you have an offer and no other offers in sight, you should take it. I think I've been extremely lucky in finding jobs so far, but I know it's a lot more difficult in some areas. If you have a few offers though, they will probably be fine with giving you a day or two to decide.
Yes , they reason I'm asking is because two different schools same district have called my references. I appreciate the valuable advice!!