Two Lesson Plans??

Discussion in 'General Education' started by princessbloom, Sep 12, 2013.

1. princessbloom

princessbloom Comrade

Sep 12, 2013

A few weeks ago I posted that our P had taken away our Specials time by now requiring us to have meetings with academic coaches. Everyone was in an uproar over it. Our P caught wind that someone went to CTA and CTA said that in order to do this admin has to have 60% approval from the staff. Our P is considering a compromise to have us meet twice a week with the coaches. The other end of the compromise is that we have to turn in our lesson plans weekly. No big deal....but the P wants 2 LP's! Right now we do unit plans (which were P's idea and approved). P wants the unit lesson plans (which we do as a team) AND weekly plans individualized by teacher to show our SPECIFIC differentiated instruction. ie: names of students we're meeting with and what we're doing for them for each subject. Right now we have differentiation in our plans, just don't name children specifically because they're for the team.
    And let's be honest, it's hard to come up with differentiation for subjects like Science/SS--besides the fact that I don't meet with GROUPS during that time, like P wants us to. :confused:

Is anyone else required to do this? I'm already exhausted from all the meetings, and trying to keep up. I can't imagine doing a second set of plans. :unsure:

3. RadiantBerg

RadiantBerg Cohort

Sep 12, 2013

Honestly you should just do your individual plans anyway. Most of the other teachers in my department like to just share their plans, but to me, that's lazy. As a team, just do broad outlines. Then do the actual plans on your own.

4. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Sep 12, 2013

We all have individual plans because each class is different. We are departmentalized so even though I only teach math and science, I have two sets of those plans because the classes have different needs. I meet weekly with the other lady who also teaches what I teach, and we send a document to the P detailing what we planned together (general unit plans and topics).

5. comaba

comaba Cohort

Sep 12, 2013

I think that's crazy, and I don't think one is lazy for collaborating as a team to write plans, especially when one teaches all subjects! Sounds like retaliation.

6. princessbloom

princessbloom Comrade

Sep 12, 2013

If you saw how extensive our plans have to be then you'd see why we write ours as a team. ;)

7. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Sep 12, 2013

We only have 2 third grade classes, so it's a little easier for us, but I do the ELA plans, and the other 3rd grade teacher does math (Science, SS, & Health objectives are included in the math & ELA plans, and we plan those completely together). We email the individual plans to each other, and we each customize our copy to suit our particular classes - We are both teaching the same skills (per our pacing guides), but we do it in different ways. Also, we put our own data/RtI and differentiations in the plans.