TWO JOB OFFERS!!!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by CreativeTeachR, Aug 2, 2013.

1. CreativeTeachR

CreativeTeachR Companion

Aug 2, 2013

Ok I wanted to make a new thread because I am so excited :woot:

I had my demo lesson this morning for the other school district. The demo went amazing, the principal and vice principal are so nice and down to earth and I felt so comfortable and natural and wasn't nervous at all! This time they actually spoke with me after the lesson and not even an hour later I got a phone call that they want me to move on and speak with the superintendent.. but to burst my own bubble here is the negative :eek:hmy:

1. I got offered a job at another district yesterday for an inner city school. It is 208 school days and they actually begin their teacher development NEXT WEEK and their first day of school is August 13th! I did not sign any papers yet but I do have them in my possession...

2. The Praxis Math is holding my full certification back and it does expire November 2013 :mad::eek:hmy: I am trying to "fight" it as I just can't seem to pass it... Yea I know I am a teacher and should be able to pass it, but this is math I did 10 years ago already! I took it 4 times!!! The 4th score is on its way but I again ran out of time and that was in the 100 degree room ect... :dizzy: So I am SO SO nervous that they will see this at the school I REALLY want (the superintendent) and say no! I have never met with a superintendent before either, but I have been on a lot of interviews so I am so thankful for that however this is like the icing on the cake...

My Plan: milk the first job offer as much as possible until I meet with the superintendent however keep tugging along :dizzy: she did say I have 30 days to get out of my contract thank god!

My stomach is in butterflies :eek:

3. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Aug 2, 2013

When do you meet with the superintendent? Congrats on two offers!

4. breezymarie07

breezymarie07 Companion

Aug 2, 2013

Congratulations! I'm so thrilled things are working out you! Best of luck on your meeting with the superintendent! :)

5. ayla

ayla Companion

Aug 2, 2013

Creative, hire a tutor if you still have not passed this time (or bribe an upper school teacher at your school with help in their classroom). Your certification is worth the $$

6. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

Aug 2, 2013

Congratulations on BOTH offers!!!! That's so great...good for you.

You deserve it :)

7. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 2, 2013

Exciting! I hope the math issue works out somehow.:love:

8. Teacher Gii

Teacher Gii Companion

Aug 2, 2013

I moving over there and you tell them to give me the other job!! Lol. J/k. CONGRATS FOR YOU!!!!!

9. CreativeTeachR

CreativeTeachR Companion

Aug 2, 2013

Ok just got off the phone with the principal and we have a meeting on Friday at 10:00am. I contacted with her already and spoke with her honestly about the other position offer. She said she can not say I will get the job 100% but she can say I can get it 99.9% so I am taking that as a good thing, however with my personality I always seem to have the devil on the other shoulder! I am so confused now and my head is pounding! I actually fell when running to answer the phone lol :whistle:

My wife says I should look at the pay, I tried to explain that yes that's important but not as important as my happiness in the school! The pay for the first job offered me a good amount for a first time teacher in a school district... 56,200 and then another 18.5% on top of that because its a 208 day calendar and longer school day AND 12 Saturday classes a year:dizzy: which brings it to 66,600 (don't like the three 6) lol and the contract is for a minimum of THREE years!!! Which gives us job security but what if I hate it and then I can't leave... OMG why do schools do this to us??? if I'm reading the other school's website right I should be making around 50,000 or something along those lines...

I did not see EITHER classroom I would be working in either lol God what we go through as teachers! I would have almost a month to set it up I'm sure for the 2nd job offer. The first one starts on the 13th! Doesn't give me much time to prepare at all! AHHHH this is when I wish there was a crystal ball lol :eek:hmy:

10. Rainbowbird

Rainbowbird Groupie

Aug 2, 2013

Congrats on all this good news! PM me if you want me to look up any public school salaries...I can get into the union website with my membership number from last year,and they list all the districts' contracts and salary schedules. ;)

11. My3kloves

My3kloves Rookie

Aug 2, 2013

Congrats!!!

12. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Aug 2, 2013

Congratulations! :)

13. CreativeTeachR

CreativeTeachR Companion

Aug 2, 2013

Can't sleep... have such heartburn I am driving myself CRAZY!!! With the what if's and everything in between...

14. CreativeTeachR

CreativeTeachR Companion

Aug 3, 2013

So I could not sleep last night and my head is still spinning... I've asked so many people their opinion but what it comes down to is my own... :dizzy: I am such a worry wort and as each day creeps by I am becoming more and more nervous and scared!!! AHHHHH :yawn:

15. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Aug 3, 2013

I recently had 2 job offers. It was a tough call. My suggestion... go with your gut and then move on.

16. Rainbowbird

Rainbowbird Groupie

Aug 3, 2013

Yes. Go with your gut. If you really cannot see yourself being happy at school A, and you can afford to take the risk in case something doesn't work out with B, then pass it by. It sounds like B is pretty secure, though, but what did they say about the Praxis?

The timing is such that you cannot ask A to wait until you go to B's second interview, correct?

Do a T chart. That's what I do but in the end it is usually my gut telling me what to do.

I hope you sleep tonight. In the end, the world will still be spinning. Be kind to yourself. And take care of yourself. Wherever you end up working, you'll be VERY busy and soon be missing your vacation days...try to make the most of them. :2cents:

17. CreativeTeachR

CreativeTeachR Companion

Aug 3, 2013

Thank you so much for all your support every day!!! The part about the praxis is what is making me sick!!!! :help: I find out my scores on Monday from the test I took July 13th and praying, hoping and wishing and praying some more that It says 171!!! So sad that this is happening over a freaking math exam.... This is why I am so sick and can't sleep!

18. cheeryteacher

cheeryteacher Enthusiast

Aug 3, 2013

Here's hoping Monday brings very good news!