Two interviews and hopefully a contract

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Zanity, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Zanity

Zanity Rookie

Jul 29, 2009

Ok update #2 for the day.

Charter School #1 has made offer still no contract. Received an email saying my name is on the list and should be contacted shortly to set up a group meeting Friday for all teachers to sign contracts. Whatever shortly means.

Charter School #2 (pays more but is a further drive) called me this afternoon they misplaced my reference list and wanted me to email it to them. She said they would be calling them tomorrow.

Charter School #3 canceled my interview for the day then called to see why I was not there??????!!!! I emailed her back and explained what happened. I am not to concerned as this is in a pretty bad area and not in my top 3 schools.

Public School #1 have an interview Monday!

Phew I am turning grey! I am trying to force myself to read a fun book or watch a movie tonite.

2. lindita323

lindita323 Companion

Jul 29, 2009

I agree that if you are offered to sign a contract in Friday, you should ask for the weekend to just look it over, so that still leaves you free for the public school interview on Monday.

Last summer I was offered a job at a charter school. They called me the day of the interview to offer the job and then mailed me the contract. I was supposed to sign it and send it back. In the meantime, I had an interview for a regular public school. At the end of the public school interview I asked the timeline on the decision and told them about the charter school offer and contract. She called the next morning to offer me the job. It was so hard to call the charter school and tell them something else came up, but I felt good that I had not yet officially signed. It all worked out for the best!

Best of luck to you, it sounds like you are acing your interviews and I bet you will ace this next one coming up too!!!

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 29, 2009

Good luck!!!!!!

4. tb71

tb71 Cohort

Jul 29, 2009

good luck!

5. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jul 29, 2009

All the best! Remember with a name like Ginger Spice, you can't lose!!!!!!!!!

6. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jul 29, 2009

Good luck!!! :)

7. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Jul 29, 2009

wow Zanity - it sounds like you are sitting in the cat bird seat :) I hope everything works out the best for you :)