TV Shows

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by Tara19, May 19, 2003.

1. Shawnmarie

Shawnmarie Rookie

May 23, 2003

I'm a huge soap fan, I tape both Days of Our Lives on NBC, and B&B, Y&R on CBS. I love TLC, especially Trading Spaces and Baby Story, I never miss Trading Spaces on Saturday nights. I'd love Vern to come do my whole house! And I'd love to work with Frank. But Hilde is not allowed to come here, lol.

Let's see, what else do I like to watch? I tape almost anything I want to see because it's hard with 4 kids to find time to watch anything 'live':

*7th Heaven
    *Raymond
    *Road Rules, Real World (especially the challenges!)
    *Friends
    *ER
    *Reba

2. Tara19

Tara19 Companion

May 23, 2003

Does anbody watch Big Brother? I heard there's a new one coming this fall!

3. teacherkasey

teacherkasey Cohort

May 23, 2003

I am so glad to see that others watch Road Rules... My fiancee was always picking on me, reminding me that I'm 26 and watching MTV. Hey, it's my guilty pleasure!!!

The shows I cannot miss are Friends, Will and Grace, Law and Order (I love them all except the *** crimes one), ER, and American Dreams (probably my favorite!).:p

4. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

May 23, 2003

teacherkasey,
    I have been hooked on MTV, too, but I am trying to get away from it. The Real World and Road Rules cast are just getting more and more wild each season, and I know there are more positive things I could be watching!!

I like Trading Spaces, too, and I am a news nerd. For background TV (the kind you watch when you're doing other things), Fox News is always on. I always have to be doing something when I watch TV, so I don't usually get into many shows. I guess that's another appeal of MTV... they re-run so much that you can half-watch it 5 times. (Same thing with Trading Spaces!!)

5. Tara19

Tara19 Companion

May 24, 2003

I have MTV and I've heard alot about it. Is it really that good? I guess I should try to watch it sometime. What are your favorites? Some of my buds say they like Punked- is it good?

6. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 24, 2003

Tara
    If you like to see "Stars" being picked on.... Punk'd is great. I can't believe they get away with some of the stuff they do...

7. Guest

Guest Guest

May 24, 2003

Tara, I love Big Brother!! The new one should be starting soon, I can't wait!

8. Tara19

Tara19 Companion

May 25, 2003

I think BB {Big brother}is my favorite show. I was sooo happy that Lisa won and i think her and Eric make such a CUTE couple, but it's weird, I never hear anyhting about them, do you?

9. cowboy02

cowboy02 Rookie

May 26, 2003

My luck would be that, "Trading Spaces", would come, Frank would do my room just the way I had expected him to do it, then my principal would tell me I had to trade rooms, do to numbers!

I can't wait for, Big Brother! I am having a few withdraws from Survivor being off the air. Thank goodness for, Everybody Loves Raymond and Hank.

PS. Does anyone know if the gym teacher was fired for baring all on national TV?

10. Tara19

Tara19 Companion

May 27, 2003

I just read about that in a magazine a couple of days ago and it said that she still has her job but I wouod be embarased to go back to school in front of all of those kids when they all seen me act like that on national TV! P.S.--- Anybody know when Big Brother 4 is coming?

11. Steph-ernie

Steph-ernie Groupie

May 27, 2003

I'm so glad that there's so many other people here who watch shows like 7th Heaven. I love that one! Friends is also a must-see, and I was hooked on the Bachelorette, but could never get into the Bachelor. I didn't see Gilmore Girls mentioned anywhere. Does anyone else watch that one? I think they are hilarious! I'm just bummed because I missed all the season finales while I was on vacation!

12. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

May 27, 2003

Survivor: Heidi is from this area. According to an interview in a local paper, her job was not saved for her and a tenured teacher took it over. She had planned to go back to school anyway, possibly for nursing. Some other tidbits from the interview:

She was Teacher of the Year last year. She was extremely sick after the show. She lost 30 pounds and a few weeks ago she was just coming off medication for some parasites that had gotten into her intestines. Due to all the health problems, she said she wouldn't do it again.

13. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 28, 2003

For all those MTV junkies...did you see then new road rules and real world starts next week.

14. Tara19

Tara19 Companion

May 28, 2003

Amanda, I've neever heard that story about Heidi but you're probably right, I just read it in some magazine... I can't beleive she lost her job but I don't blame them! I wuld never go on Survivor, I;m such a PICKY eater and would never eat some things they eat, I would be sick ALOT! lol Also, I was hooked on the Bachelorette too but could never get into the bachelor(Andrew was so ugly and I hated his personality ;() I thought Trista was so.. pretty except I hated her babytalk, did you guys notice that? Also, I was SO... mad Ryan won because i thoguth Charlie was such a cutie! lol Did you guys like Ryan?

15. Guest

Guest Guest

May 28, 2003

I was soooo glad Ryan won - he was sooo sweet to her, and Charlie never seemed to listen to what she had to say. Everyone I talked to thought for sure Charlie would win though, so I was so excited when Ryan did. He was definetely my favorite!