TV Shows

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by Tara19, May 19, 2003.

1. Tara19

Tara19 Companion

May 19, 2003

I was just wondering what shows everyone on here watches if any. I usually watch theses shows: King Of Queens, Yes Dear, Raymond, Still Standing, 8 Simple Rules For Dating my Daughter, Fear Factor, Survivor, American Idol, that's about it. I would like to talk about the different shows....... do any of you guys watch these or do you know of any good shows that are realy worht watching? Just curious.....

3. Guest

Guest Guest

May 19, 2003

I absolutely love M*A*S*H!, also The West Wing, and all home improvement/decorating shows (I'm a huge DIY-er and I like to get ideas), my husband and I watch a lot of the History Channel, TLC and Discovery channel...I'm also a game show junkie, especially the older versions of Match Game with Gene Rayburn.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

May 19, 2003

uggg TV the best way to relax after a long day.....i love almost anyting, my current favorites are Malcom in the Middle, Raymond, Friends, almost anything reality based, Will and Grace, all those decorating shows (trading spaces (Ty is so cute!) , design on a dime, house hunters etc....) and although I hate to cook I could Watch Rachel Ray 30 min meals all day long, her food always looks super good!! And althoguth I hate to admit this...I loved passions in college, so now I look foward to being home on a vactaion day to catch it!!
    oh and american idol!

5. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

May 19, 2003

7th Heaven is my show. :) Watch it every week (well, now I'm actually catching up on the episodes I missed the last 2 1/2 months, yes, my parents taped them for me!).... I also enjoy Trading Spaces and game shows... and sometimes Survivor. :)

6. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

May 19, 2003

I like 7th Heaven. I hate to admit it, but I was a big Dawson's Creek fan... I hated to see it go off. I liked Felicity, too. Let's see... here are my other favs...

*Crossing Jordan
    *CSI (not the Miami version)
    *ER
    *Survivor
    *American Idol
    *Other rather stupid dating reality shows (bachelor, Joe $M, Mr. Personaliyt) LOL
    *Trading Spaces
    *Endurance... the Discovery Kid's version of Survivor.. it's pretty cool. NBC shows it on Sat. mornings.
    *Extreme Makeover... now that is good.
    *Friends

Lori

7. Seich30

Seich30 Comrade

May 20, 2003

My favs are Alias, Trading Spaces, Jag, CSI, & Law and Order--SVU. I work most days until around 7:30ish--so I usually grab something to eat and sit in front of the T.V. for an hour or so before hitting the sack.

8. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

May 20, 2003

You know what Trading Spaces ought to do? Come into some classrooms and give them make-overs. :) Now THAT would be fun... and challenging. :) What to do with all the desks and limited space. :)

9. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

May 20, 2003

teachers trading spaces!

OH MY,
    That would be GREAT!
    Trading spaces and also i had initiated maybe we should have a 'teachers lounge' reality show. I dont know if i would talk as freely to my students if i had a darn microphone on all the time. THEN, can you imagine, they would EDIT anything they want! my career would be OVER.

10. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 20, 2003

Shows I watch...
    *Must see Thursday NBC
    *Sat. nite on TLC (Trading Spaces & What Not to Wear). My husband & I just do not understand how that guy gives clothing advice with the outfits he has on!!!
    *I watch MTV's Real World & Road Rules.
    *American Dreams & American Idol (IF you haven't watched American Dreams you've been missing a GREAT show)!!!

11. Margo

Margo Devotee

May 20, 2003

I enjoy shows on HGTV - especially the weekend shows about landscaping and home improvements. And of course every day when I get home from school I have to watch my soaps that I have taped - General Hospital and Port Charles. Any other PC/GH fans out there? We could start a soap thread.;)

12. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

May 20, 2003

Trading Spaces in the classroom

Gosh, I'd like to see Frank get ahold of my room. He has some of the most colorful ideas. I'd like to work with Laurie or Vern on someone else's. I'd have to back out if Doug showed up. I just can't stand him! LOL

We have some of the smallest rooms in our new addition compared to other classrooms in the county... you throw in tables, desks, and a few wheelchairs and THEN you have to put a book shelf or 2 in there. GOODNESS! Barely enough counter space to do anything on. AND on top of that, I may have to move next door to a slightly smaller room... YUCK!!! I step over kids at naptime as it is! It took me 3 years to figure out how to put in all in my room and still be able to get to it all without falling... LOL. I really feel sorry for the teachers that have to move grades constantly. I'd never unpack if I had to move every year or so.

Lori

13. Tara19

Tara19 Companion

May 20, 2003

I really think your idea about a "soap thread" is great! lol I only watch B&B and Y&R.... does anybody watch those two? If you do, I think it would be neat to talk about them! lol I was surprised that noone said that they watched "8 simple rules for dating my daughter"? Does anybody watch that one?? I love that one, I think it's so.. funny.... he he....

14. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

May 21, 2003

I don't watch too much because I am too busy playing a version of Boggle online (playsite.com - Tangleword). But I absolutely love American Dreams. It is so classy - and I remember the 60's. I am hooked on American Idol and I was obsessed with the last 3 or 4 Survivor series. I watched the last 6 or so of Batchelorette but don't like any of those other couples ones. West Wing is awesome but sometimes I fall asleep first.

15. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 21, 2003

TARA,
    I watch B&B & Y&R.... Just looked today to catch up on yesterday's episode. I'm glad CBS has a website that updates you on what's been going on, especially now!!!

16. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

May 21, 2003

general hospital

I used to watch LONG ago. In fact, i remember the chuck mangione song playing in the background when LUKE raped LAURA!

17. Shawnmarie

Shawnmarie Rookie

May 23, 2003

I'm a huge soap fan, I tape both Days of Our Lives on NBC, and B&B, Y&R on CBS. I love TLC, especially Trading Spaces and Baby Story, I never miss Trading Spaces on Saturday nights. I'd love Vern to come do my whole house! And I'd love to work with Frank. But Hilde is not allowed to come here, lol.

Let's see, what else do I like to watch? I tape almost anything I want to see because it's hard with 4 kids to find time to watch anything 'live':

*7th Heaven
    *Raymond
    *Road Rules, Real World (especially the challenges!)
    *Friends
    *ER
    *Reba

18. Tara19

Tara19 Companion

May 23, 2003

Does anbody watch Big Brother? I heard there's a new one coming this fall!

19. teacherkasey

teacherkasey Cohort

May 23, 2003

I am so glad to see that others watch Road Rules... My fiancee was always picking on me, reminding me that I'm 26 and watching MTV. Hey, it's my guilty pleasure!!!

The shows I cannot miss are Friends, Will and Grace, Law and Order (I love them all except the *** crimes one), ER, and American Dreams (probably my favorite!).:p

20. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

May 23, 2003

teacherkasey,
    I have been hooked on MTV, too, but I am trying to get away from it. The Real World and Road Rules cast are just getting more and more wild each season, and I know there are more positive things I could be watching!!

I like Trading Spaces, too, and I am a news nerd. For background TV (the kind you watch when you're doing other things), Fox News is always on. I always have to be doing something when I watch TV, so I don't usually get into many shows. I guess that's another appeal of MTV... they re-run so much that you can half-watch it 5 times. (Same thing with Trading Spaces!!)

21. Tara19

Tara19 Companion

May 24, 2003

I have MTV and I've heard alot about it. Is it really that good? I guess I should try to watch it sometime. What are your favorites? Some of my buds say they like Punked- is it good?

22. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 24, 2003

Tara
    If you like to see "Stars" being picked on.... Punk'd is great. I can't believe they get away with some of the stuff they do...

23. Guest

Guest Guest

May 24, 2003

Tara, I love Big Brother!! The new one should be starting soon, I can't wait!

24. Tara19

Tara19 Companion

May 25, 2003

I think BB {Big brother}is my favorite show. I was sooo happy that Lisa won and i think her and Eric make such a CUTE couple, but it's weird, I never hear anyhting about them, do you?

25. cowboy02

cowboy02 Rookie

May 26, 2003

My luck would be that, "Trading Spaces", would come, Frank would do my room just the way I had expected him to do it, then my principal would tell me I had to trade rooms, do to numbers!

I can't wait for, Big Brother! I am having a few withdraws from Survivor being off the air. Thank goodness for, Everybody Loves Raymond and Hank.

PS. Does anyone know if the gym teacher was fired for baring all on national TV?

26. Tara19

Tara19 Companion

May 27, 2003

I just read about that in a magazine a couple of days ago and it said that she still has her job but I wouod be embarased to go back to school in front of all of those kids when they all seen me act like that on national TV! P.S.--- Anybody know when Big Brother 4 is coming?

27. Steph-ernie

Steph-ernie Groupie

May 27, 2003

I'm so glad that there's so many other people here who watch shows like 7th Heaven. I love that one! Friends is also a must-see, and I was hooked on the Bachelorette, but could never get into the Bachelor. I didn't see Gilmore Girls mentioned anywhere. Does anyone else watch that one? I think they are hilarious! I'm just bummed because I missed all the season finales while I was on vacation!

28. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

May 27, 2003

Survivor: Heidi is from this area. According to an interview in a local paper, her job was not saved for her and a tenured teacher took it over. She had planned to go back to school anyway, possibly for nursing. Some other tidbits from the interview:

She was Teacher of the Year last year. She was extremely sick after the show. She lost 30 pounds and a few weeks ago she was just coming off medication for some parasites that had gotten into her intestines. Due to all the health problems, she said she wouldn't do it again.

29. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 28, 2003

For all those MTV junkies...did you see then new road rules and real world starts next week.

30. Tara19

Tara19 Companion

May 28, 2003

Amanda, I've neever heard that story about Heidi but you're probably right, I just read it in some magazine... I can't beleive she lost her job but I don't blame them! I wuld never go on Survivor, I;m such a PICKY eater and would never eat some things they eat, I would be sick ALOT! lol Also, I was hooked on the Bachelorette too but could never get into the bachelor(Andrew was so ugly and I hated his personality ;() I thought Trista was so.. pretty except I hated her babytalk, did you guys notice that? Also, I was SO... mad Ryan won because i thoguth Charlie was such a cutie! lol Did you guys like Ryan?

31. Guest

Guest Guest

May 28, 2003

I was soooo glad Ryan won - he was sooo sweet to her, and Charlie never seemed to listen to what she had to say. Everyone I talked to thought for sure Charlie would win though, so I was so excited when Ryan did. He was definetely my favorite!

32. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

May 29, 2003

I thought Charlie was quite a cutie - but now that i've heard what he has to say after the show ended, I don't think he was right for Trista. I think she knew that Ryan was the one for her. I disagree about Andrew - I loved him, his family, his vineyard .... everything.

33. Tara19

Tara19 Companion

May 29, 2003

I guess Andrew was okay, but I just really didn't care for him that much. What all did Charlie have to say after the show?