Turning in gradebook/roll at year's end

Discussion in 'General Education' started by orangepurple, Jun 8, 2013.

1. orangepurple

orangepurple Companion

Jun 8, 2013

Just curious what you do at year's end these days. We used to have to turn in our actual grade book. Now that we are doing all of that online, it doesn't really seem clear what to turn in. Do you print out all of your assignment marks from the whole year, or just the 4 quarters' report card grades?

This year, the attendance office printed out monthly attendance verification reports for us to sign. Once they have a hard copy signed by us and collected each month, do we really need another paper copy to turn in?

Also, do you keep any kind of records on your own, or once the hard copy is turned in to the office, are you done with it?

3. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jun 8, 2013

I've never heard of that. I keep all of my grade books for future reference, or documentation if necessary.

We do online grades, but we are also required to keep a paper hard copy of grades.

We have attendance rosters that we sign at the end of the year.

4. platypusok

platypusok Companion

Jun 8, 2013

We have to turn in a print out of all the grades taken. We also turn in a copy of our lesson plans from the year. But we never have to verify attendance or turn in anything for that.

5. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jun 8, 2013

We don't turn in a hardcopy of our grades. They just save an electronic copy of our online gradebook.

As for attendance, that's always a mess. Although we take attendance online, we also have to turn in two different sets of attendance reports at the end of the year. These reports are printed from the online attendance software. On those printed reports we are expected to highlight (in different colors! including purple! wth?!) for various purposes, write enrollment and withdrawal dates, and all sorts of other redundant information that is already printed on the reports. Ugh. Always a mess.

I don't save copies of anything for myself because everything is on file in the main office. If I ever needed to look something up, I could just go look through the files there. In 7 years I've never needed to look anything up in hard-copy format--everything I've needed has been in the online system.

6. queenie

queenie Groupie

Jun 8, 2013

We turn in everything- grade book, lesson plans, behavior notebook (which we MUST use), and benchmark scores...

7. Ms.SLS

Ms.SLS Cohort

Jun 8, 2013

We print out our online grade book and turn in a hard copy.

8. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Jun 8, 2013

Attendance is printed out by the office and sent to us to verify and sign each month. We also print out a spreadsheet of all grades for each semester, accompanied by how those were determined (i.e., how your categories are weighted).

9. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jun 8, 2013

We turn in a hard cope of grades and attendance at the end of each quarter. I keep a PDF of each on my flash drive.

10. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jun 8, 2013

This, each quarter...with a signature. :)

11. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Jun 9, 2013

We no longer turn in hard copies of grades.

12. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Jun 9, 2013

We don't have to hand in anything...Everything (grades, attendance), is on Power School.

13. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jun 9, 2013

We print a copy of the grades and turn them in to admin. I have to do that on Monday actually.

14. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jun 9, 2013

We use power school too!

15. Rhesus

Rhesus Comrade

Jun 9, 2013

We have online grading and attendance as well. But back in the paper days, I was never required to turn anything in at the end.

16. Aussiegirl

Aussiegirl Habitué

Jun 12, 2013

Had to turn in a hard-copy of all our grades (supposedly in case a parent has a question over the summer about their child's grades). Main office takes care of attendance. Turned in a supply request form (not guaranteed to be filled), a room repair/request list, and a sheet containing contact information in case the district needs to send something or call.

17. cheeryteacher

cheeryteacher Enthusiast

Jun 13, 2013

We use an online grade book, but they also give us a hard copy. It's not required that we use it. We can turn in our blank book with a printout of each grade for the school year.